Adele/Muse/Coldplay say DM

MrZigster

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there not a fairly low max bet on the betting for headliners anyway since it's such a small market? I remember when myself and a few others bet on Coldplay at 14/1 last year after they were made TBC the max bet was something like £11.28 and I imagine Muse would have been similar or shorter odds. Obviously it depends on the bookie but £200 seems a lot for them to accept. Saying that, I do remember people having quite a lot on Kasabian to headline in 2014.

I'm interested to know what company took said bet, Nick S care to inform? 

Zane Lowe has interviewed Matt Bellamy tonight, he spoke to him about the slip up with Bestival this year and if he wants to play Glastonbury next year. Bellamy said he'd love to play there again because they've headlined twice and theres only a few bands who've headlined three times. Zane also starts to joke around about how Coldplay and Muse are the most unspoken rivalry in modern rock and how it needs to be 'addressed once and for all'. Not sure if Zane is hinting at something he knows or if he's just latching on to rumours etc. (Bestival/Glastonbury chat starts 16 minutes in)

There's only one problem in my eyes, if this does in the end prove to be the trio of acts that headline Glastonbury, it's not the scandal that Drones is an appalling album, or that Adele might become incontenent in front of the masses, or that Coldplay are as interesting as beige wallpaper paste

But the very fact that The Daily Mail, would have been right, I couldn't watch any of the acts in the knowledge they were first and correctly predicted by the absolute national abomination, that's known as The Daily Mail

Zane Lowe has interviewed Matt Bellamy tonight, he spoke to him about the slip up with Bestival this year and if he wants to play Glastonbury next year. Bellamy said he'd love to play there again because they've headlined twice and theres only a few bands who've headlined three times. Zane also starts to joke around about how Coldplay and Muse are the most unspoken rivalry in modern rock and how it needs to be 'addressed once and for all'. Not sure if Zane is hinting at something he knows or if he's just latching on to rumours etc. (Bestival/Glastonbury chat starts 16 minutes in)

Watching that I reckon Muse are signed up.

In August Matt Bellamy tweeted hinting that they were hoping to play Bestival next year. Hopefully RDB has got them on an exclusive!

nice shout out to little old exeter there! 

It was always going to be safe bets in 2016 after Kanye gate and The Who playing again despite playing in 2007 and no real reason to play again. Add to the fact that Foos pulled out and fatm stepped up last min only makes it more unlikely there will be some big surprises in June.

It will be 3 from Adele, Coldplay, Muse, Foos & Roses. DM may have something right for a change.

Such a safe / insipid trio if true. There's not been an headliner who has genuinely excited me since The Stones.

Its very hard to disagree with you mate. Adding to that, I think that the audacious Metallica move for 2014 was exciting to say the least! Defintely brought a fresh, new lease of life to the festival and Kanye, well was something of a difference. Its a very conservative trio, given that it actually happens, but hey Muse are a band of extremely high regard of mine! Matt's a bit of a Godsend for me. 

I think that possibly after a couple of quite 'hectic years' they feel that a safe year is desired, which when selling out a festival in 30 mins what's the point of inducing a media onslaught, by booking controversial 'polarising' bands,   

Such a safe / insipid trio if true. There's not been an headliner who has genuinely excited me since The Stones. 

Gotta agree it's very uninspiring, Coldplay in particular

I'm not a Coldplay hater, really like some of their earlier stuff and I know they're friends of the festival and all that but come on... been done far too many times now

I blame Neil Lonsdale for the booking of this uninspiring trio.

Fortunately, I still have hope that:

1) Glastonbury's plans fall through (like the last few years) and Muse/Coldplay have to be replaced

2) The headliners on some of the other main stages are as strong as I'm anticipating (I'm particularly looking at you Tame Impala, The National and Bon Iver).

Yeah theres a piano in both songs. Can she not create her own instrument as opposed to using whats been done before? She makes me fucking sick.

No shes ripping off Pink Floyd. "Hello, is there anybody in there".

Or is it The Doors? "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name".

Either way she should be sued.

Edited by 5co77ie