Adele/Muse/Coldplay say DM

MrZigster

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it'd be reasonable to assume that of those three, Adele is the one most likely to say no.

I mean, Muse have already said that they're up for it and I'd imagine Coldplay are probably not far away from it either.

I'd imagine Chris Martin has it pre-printed in his calendar every year.

Adele is the one with the most obvious reason to say no, but there's definitely reasons why the others might do too.

For example, we're hearing about Coldplay doing stadium shows (which may or may not be true), and if true those other promoters won't necessarily be keen for Coldplay to do other UK shows that might damage the sales of those stadium shows ... and I know that Coldplay have turned Glasto down on exactly this basis in the past.

the pre-Springsteen 4th headliner spot?

very few bands say "i wouldn't be interested", yet plenty of bands decide to take other offers which excludes them from doing it, so saying they'd do it means very little by itself.

Very true. I was just thinking that because they've obviously played a few times before, and know the money situation, etc., and are still saying they'd play every year, that it seems like they'd accept a Glasto slot over anywhere else.

Although it's obviously not as simple as that. It'd have to fit in with their touring plans, and they won't even be the ones booking the gigs.

It's hard to be rational when a rumour comes about for an act you want to play :P

But anyway, if you have heard that this is the trio Glasto are after, then I'd assume these are the three Emily said were booked (makes sense - 2 returning and 1 new).

In that case I'd be thinking they're after Foos, Radiohead and Sheeran next year (counting Foos as a returner), just because I don't see any other likely returning headliners.

Christ I went full Gazza there.

yeah, there's a huge difference between 'we/some of us (memebers of the band) feel an affinity to Glastonbury and will play it for a reduced fee' and 'if we decide to to Glastonbury it will cost us (everybody, the whole organisation and business that is a modern band) a lot in lost revenues from stadium shows'

But anyway, if you have heard that this is the trio Glasto are after, then I'd assume these are the three Emily said were booked (makes sense - 2 returning and 1 new).

I can't be sure but my take is that Muse are not necessarily one of those acts, and have been slotted into a headline slot in place of the Foos sometime in the last two months.

she doesn't need Glasto, true.

But, perhaps, she feels she needs to be home with her kid(s?) rather than off round the world touring endlessly, playing to big crowds which doesn't seem to be her favourite thing... something that can largely be covered-off by one massive on-TV performance.

There's a reason why Adele went to Glastonbury this year, and I don't think it was just to see some bands.

There's also a reason why I've been saying since nearly the beginning of the year that I've heard the 'scared of crowds' thing has been over-played and that Glasto goers should expect Adele sometime soon.

I'm working from a bit more than your fav of making it up in your head. :)

Is that using sources that weren't exactly giving decent info for headliners last time?......maybe look at that! :P

Neil im assuming that youve heard from your own sources that G are trying for Muse, Adele and coldplay?

It's come at us from a few directions.

What we can never know is whether what we're hearing is accurate or not no matter how good the source is, and for a number of different reasons I wouldn't hang my hat on any of them ... but at the same time I'm fairly comfortable with the feeling they're probably right.

he said (on 14th April, I think it was) that all of Wolf Alice, Alt-J and Royal Blood were playing.

Royal Blood was wrong - and the other two were well-known, tho that doesn't prove that part of his info was guessed at.

I was wrong on one, but can assure you Royal Blood had Glastonbury on their planned list. Muse have Glastonbury (friday) on their logistics movement list for next year. I've seen the sheet as i know someone who works for the main logistics company that does all the movements for rock bands....

Literally just passing on what i've seen.... If i was coming to make stuff up i'd post all sorts of other rumours. I don't even like Muse! I was just told that they're the definite friday headliner. I stuck £200 on it 2 months ago when i found out. So we'll see! ;)

No need for nastiness. Not saying you have to believe me....

Is there not a fairly low max bet on the betting for headliners anyway since it's such a small market? I remember when myself and a few others bet on Coldplay at 14/1 last year after they were made TBC the max bet was something like £11.28 and I imagine Muse would have been similar or shorter odds. Obviously it depends on the bookie but £200 seems a lot for them to accept. Saying that, I do remember people having quite a lot on Kasabian to headline in 2014.