LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

12 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Playing New York in April. I think the album must be announced soon.

IMG_1395.JPG

Where did you see this? Weird that they haven't posted it anywhere - FB or Twitter. Doesn't really matter. EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

James has control of the LCD facebook page and doesn't use it that much. He replied to a message I sent him once though asking for a track name he played in a dj set I found online.

Uses it more than their twitter. I wanted to retweet his 'we're back' essay but he never posted it on there. God I'm such a dweeb

• Upvote 1

just guessing that this is not really about their current/imminent plans and other gigs, but perhaps an opportunity to be seen as the band that opens up a grand new venue in Williamsburg (where J Murphy also owns a wine bar) the "coolest of cool" neighborhoods in Brooklyn, and doing it in style with a 5-night run ... this new spot is going to be 3x the capacity of the great/intimate Music Hall of Williamsburg which has been to go-to venue for years there and it's got quite a lot of great bookings lined up in its first few months (PJ Harvey swinging thru in April) A lot of bands these days are doing the 2-gigs-in-NYC thing these days, one in Manhattan (at a Bowery Ballroom or Terminal 5) and then across the river in Brooklyn for the cool kids who don't fancy venturing across to Manhattan (and that works vice-versa the other way too) and Music Hall had got most of the bookings.

I just wouldn't be surprised if this was less than them looking for a place to do a 5-night run in April, than as something where they were approached by Bowery Presents to consider this, or JMurphy thought of this ("let's open this venue!" and approached them?

just a hunch...could be so wrong of course

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Odessa said:

They're gonna be on Saturday Night Live on May 6. I think bands play just the one song on there? But not sure. Still it'll be a new song for us to hear and hopefully that'll coincide with an album announcement.

Usually two or three songs on SNL. I can't believe they'd be going on without one new song at least.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Usually two or three songs on SNL. I can't believe they'd be going on without one new song at least.

Ah brilliant. Although I've just read there's potentially going to he a writers' strike starting early May, and that last time that happened it lasted a few months and things like this were all cancelled. I have no idea how much truth there is to that, mind.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Al tweeted something this morning about being on there and 'not knowing how he felt about it'. Not quite sure what he was getting at. Nerves playing a new song. Or is someone douchey the guest?

• 2 weeks later...