LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Somewhere that isn't a nightmare to get to would be nice. Or maybe that's part of the charm.

There's coaches to all 3 of them from Birmingham you soft get. Or if you're still around Liverpool way I'm pretty sure there's coaches from there as well. Green Man's not really that far from anywhere in the west of England tbh, and I'd well recommend you go if they do play, because it's a brilliant festival.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There's coaches to all 3 of them from Birmingham you soft get. Or if you're still around Liverpool way I'm pretty sure there's coaches from there as well. Green Man's not really that far from anywhere in the west of England tbh, and I'd well recommend you go if they do play, because it's a brilliant festival.

I've always been of the mindset that money-wise I'd only be able to do Latitude through volunteering which means getting there before the coaches roll into action :(  I guess with no Glasto ticket (at least so far) I might be able to find the cash to go as a punter next year if LCD were indeed booked.. something to ponder.

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

I've always been of the mindset that money-wise I'd only be able to do Latitude through volunteering which means getting there before the coaches roll into action :(  I guess with no Glasto ticket (at least so far) I might be able to find the cash to go as a punter next year if LCD were indeed booked.. something to ponder.

Earlier you book for Green Man, cheaper it is, and they have a cheaper tier for students.

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

If they announce LCD before Christmas I'll book it straight away. Deal. 

If the past few are anything to go by, the first 2 headliners + loads of bands (mainly big names) get announced in Marchish. Student tickets when we bought at that time in 2015 were £100 I think.

It's definitely early in the grand scheme of things they announce, especially considering it's at the end of summer. Before Latitude and Glastonbury get theirs in, definitely.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If the past few are anything to go by, the first 2 headliners + loads of bands (mainly big names) get announced in Marchish. Student tickets when we bought at that time in 2015 were £100 I think.

It's definitely early in the grand scheme of things they announce, especially considering it's at the end of summer. Before Latitude and Glastonbury get theirs in, definitely.

Nice one, cheers. How strict are they on student tickets? I'm not a student anymore but I still have my ID card with no expiry date on it if all they want is a student ID like.

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Nice one, cheers. How strict are they on student tickets? I'm not a student anymore but I still have my ID card with no expiry date on it if all they want is a student ID like.

I had an adult ticket, my brother had a student ticket, all they said was "which of you is the student?", as far as I can recall. I'd maybe email and ask if NUS is required though, we could've just got 2 very laid back guys. Pretty much everything at GM is staffed by volunteers though, never seen them anything but laid back about anything at all.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I had an adult ticket, my brother had a student ticket, all they said was "which of you is the student?", as far as I can recall. I'd maybe email and ask if NUS is required though, we could've just got 2 very laid back guys. Pretty much everything at GM is staffed by volunteers though, never seen them anything but laid back about anything at all.

I'll look into it, thank you Lawn :)

On 10/10/2016 at 5:20 PM, Homer said:

Sorry, I was referring to the current tour when i mentioned the 'hits' tour.

Very good thanks. Crowd was doing the classic London thing of standing at the back by the bar but we went for a dance (how often do you get the chance?). Covers were all surprisingly authentic-sounding and they played the 'hits'. Halfway through the keyboard player said to big it up for the frontman as he had learned all the lyrics and wasn't even a singer (I asked him after and apparently he's the rapper in the band - did a great job though!). Eveeyone finally joined in the dancing at the end for All My Freinds (classic london crowd). Then I left. Would def do it again if they did it!

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I was there too. Solid performance but not as good as Glastonbury.

I enjoyed them more at Glastonbury too. They were on so late at EP though. I was wrecked and ended up having to call it a night halfway through, so maybe that had a part in it.

I thought New Order were much better at EP than Glastonbury though so it all balances out :)

Don't know if everyone had seen this, but Al Doyle is doing a Q&A after a screening of Shut Up and Play the Hits for Warchild (http://www.nme.com/news/lcd-soundsystem/96958).

I doubt he's allowed to say much about the new album, but we still might found out a little more seeing as nobody has even done an interview since they reformed.

I have just this morning been listening to LCD soundsystem for the first time (shame on me) as it was a suggestion on amazon music. I wish I had done this a year ago and I could have saw them on the Other stage!! Very impressed so far with the songs amazon has been randomly selecting! 

18 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Don't know if everyone had seen this, but Al Doyle is doing a Q&A after a screening of Shut Up and Play the Hits for Warchild (http://www.nme.com/news/lcd-soundsystem/96958).

I doubt he's allowed to say much about the new album, but we still might found out a little more seeing as nobody has even done an interview since they reformed.

I just booked tickets for this as it's around the corner from me. Thanks for the heads up @mynameismatt - it would have completely passed me by otherwise!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 8:54 PM, mynameismatt said:

Just got back from this Q&A - he was tight lipped as expected. Al said he doesn't know when the album is coming out, but there is a tour coming when the album is released. He also said he's got a few months off now after an intense year, but that could mean anything.

His favourite song to play live is Yeah, because it's lively and loud, and Glastonbury was one of his highlights of the reunion so far. He also really enjoyed the T in the Park show (with the tiny crowd) as it reminded him of the old days when they were a less known band.

Edited by grayfitz
  • Upvote 8

10 hours ago, grayfitz said:

Just got back from this Q&A - he was tight lipped as expected. Al said he doesn't know when the album is coming out, but there is a tour coming when the album is released. He also said he's got a few months off now after an intense year, but that could mean anything.

Can't see that being before Spring/Summer now. I need a new album!!

EDIT: 1111th post!

Edited by big__phil

15 hours ago, grayfitz said:

His favourite song to play live is Yeah, because it's lively and loud, and Glastonbury was one of his highlights of the reunion so far. He also really enjoyed the T in the Park show (with the tiny crowd) as it reminded him of the old days when they were a less known band.

Great! 

Guess that's the confirmation that any UK shows probably got cancelled along with the Australia/Asia dates, because people here seemed confident enough that they were happening until pretty recently so I trust they had at least discussed it.

I'm hoping the rumours of a New Years Eve show in New York still happens and that marks the start of LP4 touring, but maybe that got cancelled along with everything else.

I'd be disappointed if we don't get at least a single this year, but not expecting the album until Spring now. 

Edited by mynameismatt