Prince pulled out of the Sunday headline slot this year?

100borrowedfilms

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the case it emerged that Prince had spoken about Mr Desmond and said 'tell the cat to chill, we will work something out.'

Mr Desmond added today that he was 'a very chilled cat'

This reminded me of an old game we used to play with my Gran back in the day :

" The ministers cat is a very chilled cat "

Those were the days. Sorry.........as you were  :)

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Does anyone know what the director of Tusk and Cop Out thinks of Prince? There doesn't seem to be any recorded evidence.

No love for Jersey Girl?  Why does no one remember Jersey Girl?  I hope Kevin Smith lays awake at night remembering that he made Jersey Girl.

Rockstars have ego's, and that's what makes them great.

What Prince has is a whole lot bigger than an ego, never has anyone ever been full of their own self importance quite like Prince is, great, you were big in the 90's, but is his appeal actually his music anymore? Or is it just the whole aura he's created, which in turn has made him far bigger than he is? Ironically, a bit like Glastonbury itself? Everyone 'loves' Glastonbury, but half the people don't know where it is. 

The whole mystique, by all means, creates headlines, and considering he's done absolutely sod all for a long time, when he actually does shows, he is slapped all over the news.

But quite frankly I believe to be a proper Glastonbury headliner, or at least a memorable one, you have to at least have a desire to play, and understand the actual huge scale of the event (may have slight rose tinted glasses here) like Blur, Pulp, Radiohead and more recently, Rolling Stones created.

He may be a fantastic performer, but he's said no, there will be other big names. He's caused this whole fuss really hasn't he of 2015, and the reality is, does he deserve the attention? My answer is a big fat no.

What I don't see is where Chris Martin fits into all of this.

while nothing about his involvement has come my way (other than Michael having said he was involved), I think it was him that persuaded The Who to do it.

Cos word I've heard is that The Who weren't interested and turned it down at least once, because of the show they already had arranged for Paris for that night.

toi be fair, plenty of those were never-booked shows - it says in the text alongside.

Quite, it's a very misleading URL. A show that was never announced cannot be rescheduled or cancelled, by definition.

ME said they chase Prince every year, but I don't know why they'd bother. Surely just send him an annual message:

"Look, this is Glastonbury. You're not going to get the wad of cash you want for this, and that isn't going to change. What you will get is exposure, televised coverage, and to headline one of the best festivals in the world. We're not going to continually chase you, but we'll always welcome you if you want to do it. We can't wait until a few weeks before the festival, but we'll hold out for as long as possible if you commit."

Just leave it at that, because that's always what it'll be. Either he'll agree or he won't. They shouldn't waste their time indulging him beyond that.

Edited by kalifire

What I don't see is where Chris Martin fits into all of this.

There was a Q&A with Emily Eavis a few weeks ago on NME, where someone asked her about it and she seemed completely baffled.

'When did he say that? He’s not involved! How bizarre. We do have a lot of stories appear from nowhere though.'

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/oasis-next-years-headliners-the-best-food-stalls-and-more-emily-eavis-answers-your-glastonbury-quest

There was a Q&A with Emily Eavis a few weeks ago on NME, where someone asked her about it and she seemed completely baffled.

'When did he say that? He’s not involved! How bizarre. We do have a lot of stories appear from nowhere though.'

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/oasis-next-years-headliners-the-best-food-stalls-and-more-emily-eavis-answers-your-glastonbury-quest

She says these stories come out of nowhere despite the quote being verbatim from Michael's v&a session.

• 9 months later...