The Park

Avalon_Fields

8 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I forgot he's due to clash with Confidence Man - that ought to pull some of the crowd (me for sure - Confidence Man > Barry Can't Swim)

Which is when please? 

I watched confidence man at Boomtown and it was so so good, they had everyone up dancing and the vibe was incredible 

9 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I forgot he's due to clash with Confidence Man - that ought to pull some of the crowd (me for sure - Confidence Man > Barry Can't Swim)

Olivia Dean > Confidence Man > Barry Can't Swim IMO.  But I do get that Confidence Man and Olivia Dean are very, very different.

43 minutes ago, Mardy said:

He's added another 2 nights at Brixton Academy and mad demand on the pre-sales this morning. Hot ticket. The Park is going to be heaving. Dangerously so. Possibly even busier than Wet Leg. 

Nah, Wet Leg had breached National consciousness by then, getting mentions on stuff like Coronation Street. It'll be busy but not to that level.

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Olivia Dean > Confidence Man > Barry Can't Swim IMO.  But I do get that Confidence Man and Olivia Dean are very, very different.

I can bet Olivia Dean'll be Saturday morning anyway so you'll be ok. Following the likes of Raye and Joy Crookes from recent years.

3 hours ago, Looother said:

Orbital are co-headlining with Peggy Gou on Saturday:

I hope this means Orbital will be starting later then. Hoping to catch Sleaford mods at Woodsies, so will be 1 less clash for me if so. Whatever happens Orbital is gonna be magic.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

On the stretch between Leftfield and the entrance to W Holts.  Used to be the Kasbar.

Don't think it closes early IIRC.  I've been there until 1:00am at least (I think).

3am

Just now, uscore said:

"co-headlining" on a single night is a weird concept.  Whoever is on last is headlining the Park Stage, no matter what you write in the programme.

Just a dumb way to keep the sub happy - ‘no seriously lads, you’re headlining, honest!’

55 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Nah, Wet Leg had breached National consciousness by then, getting mentions on stuff like Coronation Street. It'll be busy but not to that level.

yeah, I remember someone telling me that Chaise Longue had higher streaming numbers than 3 lions during the euros which is a fairly good barometer of how big it was.  My kids and their friends all knew it and they were like 8/9 years old at the time.

Barry will be busy no doubt but won't be Wet Leg level.

22 minutes ago, Havors said:

And Barry has confirmed himself for nothing? 

Yeah but some sleuthing and looking at the placements of acts on the original Park lineup on the full poster has given us good indication of what days and times acts will be playing. Nothing confirmed of course, but seems incredibly likely Barry will be on at a similar time to Con Man. You are familiar with efestivals and the nerdy levels people go to to find this stuff out, right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Great news for Moonchild Sanelly!

Ah, enjoyed her in silver hayes a couple of years ago. Not looking forward to it if the crowd is going to be rammo with people who are just waiting for the next act 😞

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

My guess is that it'll be a more acoustic set. They always do an acoustic section in their sets, so i wonder if it will be pretty much acoustic with their Acoustic stage set being more fully 'electric'. 

Ben

I love it when they do that. It highlights how much being "plugged in" takes away from the definition of the sound though.

44 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Pretty sure it was 2, although I’m sure that’ll turn out to be a rough time and it may well fall somewhere in the middle. 

It was 3, but yeah probably won't be exact anyway as you say. 

6 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I love it when they do that. It highlights how much being "plugged in" takes away from the definition of the sound though.

Tbh, I'm just not a fan most of the time. Bands always seem to 'dilute' down songs I adore in their original big sound, into something that usually just doesn't have the same impact for me. But different strokes and all that! 

Ben

5 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Do we think it'll be for women/ femme people only, a replacement for the venue in the SE corner?

I don't want to start a debate on the rights/ wrongs of the subject.  But I dunno how they make it a specific space for one group (a "femme-queer venue") while allowing anyone in - unless it's more about the acts they have on etc.?

My feeling is that it will be like how the NYC Downlow is sort of Queer Male focused, even though all are welcome.  Sort of the Queer femme equivalent.  We shall see.