The Clashes: 2024 Edition

BigMarv

Forgot about The National vs Justice.

All my mates will be at Justice and I was pretty set on doing the same, even though The National are my fave band.

The new Justice album just isn’t doing it for me though, and I can’t see it being better than 2017.  

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

This one is truly baffling

theyre the exact same crowd and idles headlining other is already a massive reach without fontaines taking some more off them.

IDLES clearly a late bump up, was hoping to see Fontaines but no way am I missing dua

Nia Archives and Romy is looking like a bad one 

London Grammar and Justice as well 

And Confidence Man and Barry, but Baz is gonna be rammed on the park so i've just decided to avoid that (although he is prime candidate to be bumped up if there's a drop out on a bigger stage tbf). 

1 hour ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Last dinner party vs cyndi lauper

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Yeah this one has got me, too. 

Don’t get many chances to see Cyndi Lauper, but TLDP could be the set of the weekend. 

This one is a case of positioning well to catch the end of Lauper as you know what she's going to finish with finish provided that is an option.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully things still shuffle a bit, but Janelle Monae vs Avril Lavigne sucks.

This is the bugger. I've also got potential Bloc Party vs Shania Twain or Tom Odell later addition possibly in the mix. I've told myself I can't miss the chance to watch Another Love.

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Orbital/Sleaford mods/Streets

LCD/ Heilung

Idles/Fontaines Is the killer though.

That one is frustrating. Although no point worrying until I know my shifts as it could be out of my hands anyway

Fontaines and Jungle my main one, saw Fontaines in 22 though so will go for a dance at WH instead.

Though part of me wonders, if they can do it, if they'll move Fontaines to Saturday to help with that Idles clash. 

56 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Forgot about The National vs Justice.

All my mates will be at Justice and I was pretty set on doing the same, even though The National are my fave band.

The new Justice album just isn’t doing it for me though, and I can’t see it being better than 2017.  

Ooo that's tough, especially as it's the last night and it's nice to be with your crowd for the last show of the main stages for the weekend. 

18 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ooo that's tough, especially as it's the last night and it's nice to be with your crowd for the last show of the main stages for the weekend. 

Very true, although I ditched my lot to see qotsa last year and it was my fav set of the weekend. Think you have to decide on the day with cases like this, go with your gut.

I’ll be at Justice anyway regardless of who else is on 😎

1 minute ago, gblock said:

Very true, although I ditched my lot to see qotsa last year and it was my fav set of the weekend. Think you have to decide on the day with cases like this, go with your gut.

I’ll be at Justice anyway regardless of who else is on 😎

Ugh, that clash last year was awful. I had to see Elton given he's packed touring in, but it's twice now that I've missed QOTSA at Glasto and on watching sets back, they looked like they smashed it both times!

I've got so many it is just stupid...

Friday night is the worst : Dua/IDLES/Fontaines/Jungle/Jaimie XX

but other bad ones are

- SZA/The National/Justice/James Blake

- Janelle Monae/Alvvays

- Nia Archives/Romy/Orbital

- PJ Harvey/Danny Brown

- Squid/Fat White Family

- Little Simz/Yard Act/Breeders

As usual I wish I had a time machine so I could keep going back to see all the sets that I can't be there for.

40 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ugh, that clash last year was awful. I had to see Elton given he's packed touring in, but it's twice now that I've missed QOTSA at Glasto and on watching sets back, they looked like they smashed it both times!

+1 for always missing QOTSA. First time Sunday night 2011. Chose The Streets as my friends were going, even though I’d have chosen QOTSA, was glad we did Streets. Second time last year, vs. EJ, I just couldn’t not see Reg.

I think it's worth noting that a lot of peoples afternoon/evening concerns could easily be alleviated as the line ups fill out. The only stage we can get a full handle on timings is West Holts atm.

2 hours ago, Ortiz34 said:

Sunday. Janelle v Avril v Brittany v Arlo. Would have seen all of these and way to go in reducing all the potential crowds for them all. Horrific.

You'll be pleased to hear Arlo is playing Friday not Sunday, but Janelle/Avril/Brittany clash is probably going to be a thing

14 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

You'll be pleased to hear Arlo is playing Friday not Sunday, but Janelle/Avril/Brittany clash is probably going to be a thing

Thanks for the Arlo good news. At moment I will be at Janelle but I do like that new Brittany album.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

This is the bugger. I've also got potential Bloc Party vs Shania Twain or Tom Odell later addition possibly in the mix. I've told myself I can't miss the chance to watch Another Love.

This Modern Love > Another Love