Acoustic stage 2024

Crazyfool01

It’s official I’m getting old as that is the most bands I’ve ever had an interest in seeing on the acoustic. Will probably only actually see Stornaway as their set there in 2015 (I think) was fantastic but wouldn’t be surprised if my group consider OCS on the Saturday- although acoustic into SEC would be a novelty 

38 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Bootlegs headlining is equiv of putting Beans in the Avalon or Fatboy on the Other. Its lazy.

It is, though them headlining against The Stones was funny.

If nothing else is on, and with the earlier finish, I might still go. Generally a fun gig.

52 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Is the Chris Difford and friends thing a talk or some kind of writer super group performing songs?

I randomly decided to watch Chris Difford on Acoustic back in 2022 and he was great.  He even brought out Mr Eavis for a guest appearance which always goes down well.  Also did a duet with Yungblud which was a strange combo but enjoyable nonetheless.

Tony Christie was on straight after so stuck around for a little Sunday afternoon singalong.

I don't usually spend a lot of time at that stage, but it was one of the better choices I made that year.

Can't believe that was 2 years ago I was convinced it was only last year.  Had to check my photo's to verify.  Where does the time go!

• Upvote 2

Well! In 14 Glastos I have as yet never watched an acoustic headliner. This year I am seriously contemplating all three. I don’t quite know how to feel about that… but it’s definitely making me feel old!

Also a few on the undercard I might pop in for if we are near at the time.

Hmm 

6 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

Well! In 14 Glastos I have as yet never watched an acoustic headliner. This year I am seriously contemplating all three. I don’t quite know how to feel about that… but it’s definitely making me feel old!

Also a few on the undercard I might pop in for if we are near at the time.

Hmm 

It comes to us all eventually, my friend.

Welcome to being part of the cast of Cocoon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It comes to us all eventually, my friend.

Welcome to being part of the cast of Cocoon.

I’ve also recently started enjoying craft ale.

It can only downhill from here 

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

https://x.com/OCSmusic/status/1778718139737362863

OCS is an acoustic set. Always good, but not as good as the main set

Not sure why that's not doing the Tweet preview but it says "As if the summer wasn't exciting enough, we are beyond delighted to say we will be bringing our acoustic set to Glastonbury this year! See us headline The Acoustic Stage on Saturday 29th June "

This puts me off a bit to be honest. I don’t mind a bit of acoustic during the day and I like OCS but I can’t picture watching an acoustic act as my Saturday night headliner

• Upvote 1

Thrilled that Stornoway are there. I've heard them on a few of the stages, including the Acoustic, before and they've always sounded amazing. A few usual suspects too 😅

• Like 1