Have you ever snuck into Glastonbury with no ticket (post 2000)?

Gnomicide

Sneaking in. Have you? Would you? Could you?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever snuck in to Glastonbury with no ticket or helped someone else get in?

• Yes, I've snuck in. Just me.
    • Yes, I've snuck in with a group of others.
    • No but I've helped someone else in.
    • No, never have but would try it if I had no ticket.
    • No, never have and wouldn't try.

As it says, just being nosey.

Personally I haven't and wouldn't try. Probably because I live miles away and would hate to have to travel home after the inevitable failure.

Edited by Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

As it says, just being nosey.

Personally I haven't and wouldn't try. Probably because I live miles away and would hate to have to travel home after the inevitable failure.

This also for me. I’ve known a few who’ve done it successfully but I couldn’t face the long, long journey there knowing it was all up in the air. I’d prefer to make the journey with a ticket in the bag.

nope, never have, even back in the day.

although in 1995 i may as well have snuck in - all the fence got pulled down at the stone circle and it essentially became a free festival that year.

our crew thought it would be fun to sit and chill but OUTSIDE the perimeter of the fence which was now laying flat.

it was not fun at all - i ended up falling asleep for a while and got a horrendously sun burned nose.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Think it should be edited to say post 2000 because by the looks of it every tom, d*ck and harry were getting in without a ticket prior to the superfence!

Why has d*ck been censored it’s a name?!

• Gnomicide changed the title to Have you ever snuck into Glastonbury with no ticket (post 2000)?

I havnt, and don't know if i would, i've been ticketless before and just sought the volunteering route and now find myself there every year as a result. If that fell through and the ticket fairies weren't smiling upon me, then i'd definitely consider sneaking in via nefarious means - but it'd need to be something that doesn't necessitate having a big brass neck and blagging, cos i'd not be capable of that - and any kind of aggression or running through people wouldnt be my style either. No fence climbing or daft stuff - i'd have to be snuck in the back of a truck. 

Of course then i'd be shitting myself all weekend about being outed as a wristbandless bastard, and that would irk me too! so dunno lol is my answer, which is pleasingly fence-sitting 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Nope. Never been that desperate to go.

But - I do personally know at least half a dozen people that walk through the gates FOC every year.

I've heard about this old fella with a massive beard who just swans in and out like he owns the place.

• Like 1

I did accidentally last year on a re-entry! I had forgotten to take my ticket and pass out from the caravan. My wristband was too tight and I needed to exchange it. I bumped into someone I had volunteered with in the past who took me straight to the wristband area, bypassing the re-entry ticket check. New wristband fitted and in I went. It was only when I went to pass out of the festival I realised I didn't have my ticket. My husband had to go back to the caravan and get it for me! 😂

No and as much as I love the place I'm not sure I'd have the gonads to even try.

I was camped next to a guy last year that did. He was fairly open with us about it. His girlfriend was stewarding so took his tent in and on the Wednesday  morning he got into Worthy View (I think he said) and just waltzed in through the gate with people who were staying there. He did have his 2022 wristband on so it's not like he didn't have something to at least fool security but still. 

My last attempt was 2000. It was very easy in those days, I remember after Nine Inch Nails played I went up to someone who i'd met's campsite, probably where The Park is now, and the fence was just lying on the floor - you could have just strolled in, wasn't how I got in though.

Edited by Johnnyseven

2000 was the last time for me as well.  We rocked up about lunchtime on the Thursday and just started walking around the fence looking for a way in, took about 10 minutes or so to find a panel that we could lift and squeeze through the gap.