Have you ever snuck into Glastonbury with no ticket (post 2000)?

Gnomicide

Sneaking in. Have you? Would you? Could you?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever snuck in to Glastonbury with no ticket or helped someone else get in?

• Yes, I've snuck in. Just me.
    • Yes, I've snuck in with a group of others.
    • No but I've helped someone else in.
    • No, never have but would try it if I had no ticket.
    • No, never have and wouldn't try.

A friend of mine sent me a video of a freind of thiers who got snuck in last year in a dufflebag, said video was of them getting out of the dufflebag when they got to their campsite. How the hell they spent several hours in it is beyond me.

Group of 20 or so round us last couple of years that used the pass out trick, got their bands off with carrier bags & came in on someone elses ticket. Just report your pass out lost, fill in a few forms & get a spare pass out, sounded like the checks on the tickets weren't that great (or they knew someone that waved them through)

There were about half a dozen that had paid someone £500 to get them in smuggled in a Landrover at night, They got in but some apparently got caught as the guy was late turning up and instead of two waiting there was around 12 and security got onto them. That was on the Thurs night. Didn't stop him though as brought a load in on the Friday, must be a nice little earner

Genuinely felt like the ticket holders were in the minority round by us ! Hopefully they check tickets a bit more or have measures in place to change the system & cut down on the smugglers

First few years I went there used to be times you had to get your band checked or held up in air so they could see you had one, doesn't seem to be that anymore. Be interesting to know the actual number sneaking in. My guess is it's fairly high

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I’m surprised there’s so much of it apparently going on. Having worked the gates for oxfam I didn’t think it was that easy to sneak in.  

It would be dead easy in the back of a van. The only people allowed to open a vehicle to look inside are security and they didn't seem to ever open anything up.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It would be dead easy in the back of a van. The only people allowed to open a vehicle to look inside are security and they didn't seem to ever open anything up.

But it’s such an obvious route in, been happening for years.. surely they’d have figured out a way to stop it!?

If they weren’t being strict on vehicles coming in surely that would be a breach of their license? 

Edited by Pipine

9 minutes ago, Pipine said:

But it’s such an obvious route in, been happening for years.. surely they’d have figured out a way to stop it!?

If they weren’t being strict on vehicles coming in surely that would be a breach of their license? 

Like the great escape, just poke the contents with a pitchfork, that will encourage folks out of hiding 😉

12 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Heat sensitive scanners 😂

7 hours ago, rlandy95 said:

A friend of mine sent me a video of a freind of thiers who got snuck in last year in a dufflebag, said video was of them getting out of the dufflebag when they got to their campsite. How the hell they spent several hours in it is beyond me.

its gotta be bullshit cos it wouldn't carry.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2024 at 7:19 AM, tarw said:

There are also usually security after the wristbanding to chase down the runners

you would think so but last year this wasn't the case when i was working at least. saw a few leg it in and no one chased after them. 

3 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

you would think so but last year this wasn't the case when i was working at least. saw a few leg it in and no one chased after them. 

I saw lots of chasing from security up at worthy view gate on my shift there in 2019.. they caught them too.

Edited by Pipine

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

*checks watch* 

aaah, its time, its idiot o'clock! 

in case anyone wonders what this is about ... profile and post has been removed . just boring trolling nonsense . Mod 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

in case anyone wonders what this is about ... profile and post has been removed . just boring trolling nonsense . Mod 

Its so unimaginative, year after year the same nonsense. I do like the digs at stewards though, that's the only funny bit to be fair 

Just now, balti-pie said:

Its so unimaginative, year after year the same nonsense. I do like the digs at stewards though, that's the only funny bit to be fair 

indeed ... fairly likely the same person , the style is very similar .. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

indeed ... fairly likely the same person , the style is very similar .. 

Christ. Again?

They must be on about their 10th profile over at least 5 years..

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Aye, they are a bit sad and needy bless them 😊

On 4/8/2024 at 3:13 PM, Sack truck said:

Group of 20 or so round us last couple of years that used the pass out trick, got their bands off with carrier bags & came in on someone elses ticket. Just report your pass out lost, fill in a few forms & get a spare pass out, sounded like the checks on the tickets weren't that great (or they knew someone that waved them through)

There were about half a dozen that had paid someone £500 to get them in smuggled in a Landrover at night, They got in but some apparently got caught as the guy was late turning up and instead of two waiting there was around 12 and security got onto them. That was on the Thurs night. Didn't stop him though as brought a load in on the Friday, must be a nice little earner

Genuinely felt like the ticket holders were in the minority round by us ! Hopefully they check tickets a bit more or have measures in place to change the system & cut down on the smugglers

First few years I went there used to be times you had to get your band checked or held up in air so they could see you had one, doesn't seem to be that anymore. Be interesting to know the actual number sneaking in. My guess is it's fairly high

I don’t get how this works… if you lose ticket or pass out you have to go to the box office and they look up your photo.  If satisfied by photo they issue replacement stub and pass out. 

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don’t get how this works… if you lose ticket or pass out you have to go to the box office and they look up your photo.  If satisfied by photo they issue replacement stub and pass out. 

I lost my pass out when loading the car up on the Sunday, was waiting about 30 minutes whilst they checked over my photo, asked me questions and made sure I was who I was claiming to be. Was all very friendly ofc, but definitely didn't feel like something you'd get away with easily unless you looked exactly like the photo and had everything else. 

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

1 person with ticket leaves with 2 tickets, 2 wristbands (1 hidden somewhere) and gets 1 passout. Gives ticket, wristband and passout to person whose photo isn't on either ticket and uses ticket with their photo on and their wristband and claims lost passout.

Edited by Johnnyseven

Just now, tickleyt said:

I lost my pass out when loading the car up on the Sunday, was waiting about 30 minutes whilst they checked over my photo, asked me questions and made sure I was who I was claiming to be. Was all very friendly ofc, but definitely didn't feel like something you'd get away with easily unless you looked exactly like the photo and had everything else. 

I guess if it’s the original ticket holder that is pretending to have lost the pass out then they will end up with two pass outs once they’ve got a replacement! 

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

1 person leaves with 2 tickets, 2 wristbands (1 hidden somewhere) and gets 1 passout.

They still need another pass out?

1 minute ago, stuie said:

They still need another pass out?

I've edited my original post to make clearer.

1 person with ticket leaves with 2 tickets, 2 wristbands (1 hidden somewhere) and gets 1 passout. Gives ticket, wristband and passout to person whose photo isn't on either ticket and uses ticket with their photo on and their wristband and claims lost passout.

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

I've edited my original post to make clearer.

You think many do this? I can see some… maybe a few hundred but not thousands. It requires lots of effort from genuine wristband/ticket holders

Just now, stuie said:

You think many do this? I can see some… maybe a few hundred but not thousands. It requires lots of effort from genuine wristband/ticket holders

Going from the post above and my ability to work out how to do it (we also used a similar method in 2000) I wouldn't be surprised if many gave it a try each year. There's no real danger for either person with the tickets and worth a risk for the ticketless person, at worst you'll just not be let in.