Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

you are assuming she won't get any better 

it's not about better for me, I'm aware she is critically acclaimed. 

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

and play stadiums

literally not a chance. I repeat- has she ever even played arenas?

3 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

she will one day headline

potentially but only cause they're pushing her a lot, on no objective measure should she be subbing which she presumably is this year

• Upvote 1

It's.... alright, I guess.

A fair few I want to see but have either already seen or will be doing so ahead of the festival. There's absolutely no "WOW" moment,  no-one that pleasantly surprised me. My 100%, definitely will be there unless they clash with each other list is a disappointingly small 4 acts. Underwhelming doesn't really cover it.

Screenshot_20240314_080114_X.thumb.jpg.f444cf137446d115ca8403f5c1937086.jpg

Really need Avalon to save the day.

The good news is I only discovered 2 of my must sees when the WH line-up leaked, so with some digging, I may find more.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, onemoresolo said:

Surely even Glasto thread readers aren't Tory enough to have a Telegraph subscription. 😉 

They've got the crappest paywall ever. You just have to click Stop while the page is loading, and you can read the whole article.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So Taylor and maybe O-Rod aside, have they booked the 3 biggest pop acts in the world in 2024? 3 of the biggest 5 maybe.

doubt SZA is top 5. She clearly isn't bigger than Billie. I'd argue Lana is bigger tbh. P!nk is bigger too. Beyonce. No way she is top 5 - she is a clear bump up.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's.... alright, I guess.

A fair few I want to see but have either already seen or will be doing so ahead of the festival. There's absolutely no "WOW" moment,  no-one that pleasantly surprised me. My 100%, definitely will be there unless they clash with each other list is a disappointingly small 4 acts. Underwhelming doesn't really cover it.

Screenshot_20240314_080114_X.thumb.jpg.f444cf137446d115ca8403f5c1937086.jpg

Really need Avalon to save the day.

The good news is I only discovered 2 of my must sees when the WH line-up leaked, so with some digging, I may find more.

Not sure there's a single "100% no matter what" act on there for me.

I don’t have a headliner on Friday or Saturday this is going to be a very different festival for me. I like Idles and Fontaines but have seen both at Glastonbury twice as well as elsewhere and can’t get excited as an headliner especially after an LCD set. Probably go and see Jamie XX. The Saturday I really have nothing that interests me, hoping for something big at the Glade maybe 

Just now, rwhitehouse13 said:

I’m just hoping that if people are genuinely disappointed in the poster it means there will be plenty of tickets in the resale so I can get one!

There will be a fight amongst the K-pop fans 

Well, while I don't think there are any must sees or really exciting stuff for me from the poster, there are 16 "hmm, could be good" that I'd be happy to go along to.  Admittedly, I think 4 are on at the same time!

But I'm also happy to spend more time at the smaller stages and am sure there will be things announced there that I will genuinely be excited about.  

I still haven't ever seen an act in BBC Introducing - must tick that off this year.  

And then of course, there's circus, theatre, comedy, Rimski's Yard, all of which I'm happy to spend time in.

And another of course - that's before I listen to the ones I don't know from the poster and beyond.

So all in all - BRING IT ON!!  

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

doubt SZA is top 5. She clearly isn't bigger than Billie. I'd argue Lana is bigger tbh. P!nk is bigger too. Beyonce. No way she is top 5 - she is a clear bump up.

Yeah maybe but shes selling out everywhere, 3 Grammys last month, nominated for 9 etc. 

Will be one of those gigs where theres 20k kids at the front who know every word.

Pretty meh for me but If I could go, I'd be quite thrilled as I'd have 1 or 2 must sees away from the Pyramid each day. No headliner in the Pyramid for the first time sounds great. 

IDLES or Fontaines/Jessie Ware/The National is pretty great. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Just the way it goes i guess. Who would have matched that description for 2023 for you out of curiosity?

From the first poster (which only had the half the names of this year's)?

Elton, Lana, Lizzo

Added later:

Murder Capital, Churnups, 

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

From the first poster (which only had the half the names of this year's)?

Elton, Lana, Lizzo

Other stage headliners look fairly weak (National excluded) as do Pyramid Subs. Third down last time had Capaldi (mega star) and Foos (obv playing well below their billing).

I think this year has objectively smaller artists looking at it

11 minutes ago, smogo said:

They've got the crappest paywall ever. You just have to click Stop while the page is loading, and you can read the whole article.

If only there was an extension called, for example, Bypass Paywalls Clean.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Other stage headliners look fairly weak (National excluded) as do Pyramid Subs. Third down last time had Capaldi (mega star) and Foos (obv playing well below their billing).

I think this year has objectively smaller artists looking at it

Yeah you’re definitely right about that. Emily argued that Lizzo was a fourth headliner last year - really think she’d struggle to do that with one of the subs this time.