Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I don't rightly know, it's not my job to book a festival ;lineup I don't know who is out there. It'd be easy for me to say "she should have booked X, Y and Z" but for all I know those acts were contacted and for any reason said no.

I do know however that booking Coldplay for a fifth time this millennium is piss poor though.

This is the lineup we have though and IMO it's underwhelming.

But you aren't coming up with any alternatives, so surely if you (and many others) are saying the line up is underwhelming then you'd have another act(s) in mind?  Its probably very difficult to get people 1. big enough to headline 2. agree the lower appearance fee 3. on tour at the same time etc

I'd agree Coldplay is a lazy booking though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Handshake said:

It's stacked for me.

My assumption is that SZA was headlining Other. After Madonna and Stevie pull out, she's been bumped up to Pyramid and the Idles boys have been drafted in. 

Imagine Madonna headlining SZA on other. I reckon that one simple change would have people saying it's a good lineup. Add Stevie Nicks and Chaka Khan into the mix and people would be loving it...

Those changes and Pulp in the Idles slot would have made a big difference I feel

Just now, gooner1990 said:

But you aren't coming up with any alternatives, so surely if you (and many others) are saying the line up is underwhelming then you'd have another act(s) in mind?  Its probably very difficult to get people 1. big enough to headline 2. agree the lower appearance fee 3. on tour at the same time etc

They should have offered Sunday night headliner to Pulp...bet they would have taken it

I can envisage quite a few departures from the pyramid after Shania has finished. SZA although undoubtedly talented wont suit the Sunday crowd, I’m surprised Coldplay weren’t moved to that spot. Obviously timings didn’t suit. The BBC are bigging up the two female headliner thing.  Reckon there are a few more big surprises to come. 

1 minute ago, eatingglitter said:

I hoping for a solid choice on Sunday because otherwise my husband will be talking about “beating the traffic” and wanting to leave at 4pm. 😫

tell him you can leave at 3am Monday morning and still beat the traffic 😉

Edited by deadponyclub

13 minutes ago, pablowoods said:

What an odd line up.

I'm not even sure who it's aimed at. A 50 year old dull housewife and her 12 year old daughters schoolrun car playlist or something 

It is aimed at nearly everyone though isn't it? probably the only underrepresented mainstream popular genres are metal and hard rock.  

As a representation of a really broad set of musical styles and acts it does what it is likely aiming for.

if you like indie music it is there, if you like pop it is there, if you like dance it is there  Rap it is there.  It is good to see stuff like KPop (which is massive) getting booked at last.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think we'll hear a bit from Emily at some point along the lines of it's a tough market this year / we don't pay as much as other festivals. Can only assume Stevie Nicks was beyond their budget. As much as I love LCD and Simz they are weak Pyramid subs.

Edited by Joey Peeps

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I can envisage quite a few departures from the pyramid after Shania has finished. SZA although undoubtedly talented wont suit the Sunday crowd, I’m surprised Coldplay weren’t moved to that spot. Obviously timings didn’t suit. The BBC are bigging up the two female headliner thing.  Reckon there are a few more big surprises to come. 

I thought it was going to be SZA Friday, Dua Lipa Saturday and Coldplay Sunday.

3 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

Sunday night looking dire...

Worst clashes for me.

The National / Justice / James Blake / London Grammar

The National would 100% get the nod, but James Blakes new album is excellent and back to his electronic/post-dubstep stuff. Justice at WH last time was excellent, and London Grammar do a good show, albeit not enough to put above the others.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't have many other acts in mind. Time was Glastonbury would drop a poster and there would be three or four acts you'd never even considered as a possibility that made you sit up and think 'wow!' (Art Garfunkel, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus all recent examples). There's nothing like that on here, that's what makes it underwhelming to me.

I rattled off a list of decent acts on the lineup earlier (think you actually replied to it). All good acts that I'd enjoy seeing with a cider in hand,  but also very predictable bookings. All stuff I could see pretty much anywhere on any given a day.

I go to Glastonbury for the extraordinary, and this all feels very ordinary.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

They should have offered Sunday night headliner to Pulp...bet they would have taken it

I wonder if they had to get  SZA in as they needed two females which personally I would have annoying. I dont care if it's male or female. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

This all reminds me of when my mates tell me that x player at Arsenal is shite but don't come up with any realistic alternative that they would like us to buy.

Not having a suitable alternative doesn't make the existing thing good.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I don't have many other acts in mind. Time was Glastonbury would drop a poster and there would be three or four acts you'd never even considered as a possibility that made you sit up and think 'wow!' (Art Garfunkel, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus all recent examples). There's nothing like that on here, that's what makes it underwhelming to me.

I rattled off a list of decent acts on the lineup earlier (think you actually replied to it). All good acts that I'd enjoy seeing with a cider in hand,  but also very predictable bookings. All stuff I could see pretty much anywhere on any given a day.

I go to Glastonbury for the extraordinary, and this all feels very ordinary.

I'm not a K Pop man but maybe that's what Seventeen are this year. They are clearly huge... just not household names (well maybe in Korea lol)

I only ever watch Glastonbury on the TV but it’s one of my favourite weekends of the year. I genuinely look forward to it so much and make a full weekend of it. 

I really like this lineup. There’s loads on there I’d want to see. Really love to see Little Simz in a slot like that. I can’t wait to watch that set. Also really looking forward to seeing both IDLES and Disclosure headlining Other. Loads lower down I love too. 

• Like 1