Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The problem for me is that there is very little there to inspire or get excited about. There’s decent stuff across all stages - LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Justice, Michael Kiwanuka, The National, The Streets, Bloc Party, Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Yard Act… but it’s all stuff everyone has seen plenty of times before.

That's it. There's plenty that's decent. But nothing to make me go wow. Or gutted if I missed it

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

I somehow don't have a headliner on any stage on any day.

Same.  Nothing that inspires me on any stage.  However, I'm not complaining about it.  I'll probably get dragged along to either Coldplay or Dua to stick with the gang, but will be off wandering the less travelled paths the other 2 nights, which I am buzzing for.

Bad Seeds would have made me desperate for a ticket in the resale but I don't know if there was even a chance of that anyway. Not blown away by it but there are still plenty acts I'm well into on there and a good few that I'd love to see for the first time. At the end of the day I'm sure we'd all go even if there was no lineup announced because it's f**king Glastonbury and there will ALWAYS be sumert somewhere that interests/amuses/inspires you anyway. I'm desperate for a ticket.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why has booking SZA lead to so many other sh*t choices like Gossip, James Blake, London Grammar, etc?

Read the comment again and what uts referring to from fraybentos. Doesn't mention anything about woodsies stages and no reason why woodies would come into anything related to the Pyramid/Other placings.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The problem for me is that there is very little there to inspire or get excited about. There’s decent stuff across all stages - LCD Soundsystem, Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Justice, Michael Kiwanuka, The National, The Streets, Bloc Party, Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Yard Act… but it’s all stuff everyone has seen plenty of times before.

Out of interest...what names would you have hoped for on there instead?

I think Headliners 

• Dua Lipa great. she's popular and has good songs. Nothing that blows the mind as a choice but decent 
  • Coldplay - Personally I dont think they're interesting but they are one of the biggest bands in the world and would put on a great show. Really dont care if they played 5 times. Only been an issue if you been to the majority of the last 15 festivals and seen them more than once which is no alot of people + 8 years since they last played 
  • SZA - this one is weird - She's other stage headliner. The massive American artist they had is not her so something must have happened 

Other stage is brilliant 

I mean this in the nicest of ways. Some of you need a year or two off Glasto. 

Like every festival there's repeat bookings sure, but it doesn't mean it isnt a strong line up!

Edited by kemosabe
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Lets face it, for the average efester, it's shocking. probably plays better to the younger crowd going but i missed out in October and it's the least jealous I've felt. Might not bother in April. I literally dont know one SZA song, which isn't a reflection on her music but I wonder, why not give the opportunity to Little Simz? She smashed West Holts a few years ago.

Also, might be in the minority but i think IDLES deserve the chance. They've been at loads of festivals, have just released a decent album, are local lads and put on a good show.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Out of interest...what names would you have hoped for on there instead?

Aye, this - those are some stellar names. 

(Do I feel a bit like 6music curated the rest of the lineup and I am absolutely fine with it!)

10 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm really struggling to understand that people aren't digging this lineup - it is pure gold for me.  Also it is so strong compared to other festivals. it is overpowered not underpowered.

The general consensus is it's a poor line up by the festival standards. You're definitely not in the majority I wouldn't have thought. 

Glasto will always be great though and there's always something worth seeing if you look hard enough at the various stages. Chance to go see someone you don't know much about and then become a huge fan. I have done that lots of times on previous years. 

It's not a stellar lineup though at all. For 350 bags plus everything else I'd expect better. 

Missed out on a ticket this year, was absolutely devastated at the time and been dreading this day for months.

Glasto know they can throw their weight around to justify the £360. They could have Basel Brush headline and people would still go. Whether that’s right or wrong I don’t know but it’s just the way it is. 

First time lurkers/ people going for the first time, do not let it bother you if you hate the line up. It’s still an unbelievable experience.. the weather is 10 x more important imo. They’ll always be something to do. Have a toffee apple cider on my behalf and get stuck in! Enjoy all!!

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Agree with the logic but not sure who they’d have gone for if not applying that criteria who would have been so much better. They clearly spent too much time and effort on the Madge pipe dream without having a solid backup locked in. 

The 1975 maybe I dunno, it defo lessens your options if you're shoe horning in 2 women because you had 0 the previous year

3 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Lets face it, for the average efester, it's shocking. probably plays better to the younger crowd going but i missed out in October and it's the least jealous I've felt. Might not bother in April. I literally dont know one SZA song, which isn't a reflection on her music but I wonder, why not give the opportunity to Little Simz? She smashed West Holts a few years ago.

Also, might be in the minority but i think IDLES deserve the chance. They've been at loads of festivals, have just released a decent album, are local lads and put on a good show.

Idles should draw a decent crowd. Fontaines may pull a few thousand away from them. There will be a good chunk of folks making the Pyramid to Other stumble for LCD into Idles. 

The standout SZA observation for me is when you compare it to last year.

Emily was on record as stating that it was hard to find a female headliner, and as a result had to pump for Axl and the Boys - but she had Lana and Lizzo right there! She made a conscious decision that neither of those two were big enough to headline, and pumped for Guns N Roses instead. 

There's almost no metric by which SZA is a higher profile booking than Lana or Lizzo, so something has to have gone wrong along the way. I cannot envisage a world where Emily has thought 'that's my headliner there' having turned down bigger acts just the year prior

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

f**k me that’s underwhelming isn’t it?

Thoughts and prayers to anyone trying to find a decent Saturday night option, it’s a wasteland not seen since Sunday 2014.

LCD and Simz in the worst possible slots for acts of their talent.

Coldplay actually looking like a viable option, given the other choices.

5 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I mean this in the nicest of ways. Some of you need a year or two off Glasto. 

Like every festival there's repeat bookings sure, but it doesn't mean it isnt a strong line up!

Yep. I don't have a ticket this year and that line up looks great. There are a good few acts on there that aren't for me, but the idea that I wouldn't be able to find anything I wanted to watch on at least one stage at any given time. 

Does nobody ever do the maths that if they liked the entire lineup, they'd have a tenfold (or more) clash at all times? 

It's weird really. There is no edginess at the top of the bill at all, everyone is a pretty safe and ok booking.

But that's it really; nothing more. Not that it matters too much, I'm just worried elsewhere is going to be way busier than normal.

I can see West Holts being dangerously cramped for Justice if that Sunday plays out.

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

The 1975 maybe I dunno, it defo lessens your options if you're shoe horning in 2 women because you had 0 the previous year

It does but when your first, second, third and maybe even fourth choices fall through you kind of have to take what you can get. It was probably either SZA or Liam Gallagher at that stage, and adding the latter to a bill already stacked with MOR acts would’ve been a step too far. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Idles should draw a decent crowd. Fontaines may pull a few thousand away from them. There will be a good chunk of folks making the Pyramid to Other stumble for LCD into Idles. 

I think you'll have far more going from LCD to Jamie XX or Jungle, tbh.