Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. Why would SZA getting the call affect so many other things?

If any one of the 4 acts I mentioned had been on the poster I reckon the reactions would have been much more "Wooo.. They got...??" 

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm always baffled with the random small wacky artists they put on the Pyramid Fri and Sat early. Sevenf**kingteen

Massive in the teeny bopper demo. Will get a bigger crowd than SZA or anyone on the second line. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I'm not blown away but I don't hate it. Was always going to look weak compared to last year for me anyway! Plenty lower down acts I'd wanna see other than pyramid headliners, plus takes the pressure off having too many 'must see' acts and not being able to enjoy the rest of the festival properly. Saying that - I still don't have a ticket anyway 😅

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You’d say SZA was headlining Other and IDLES Woodsies, but both got bumped when Madge/Stevie didn’t happen. 

Would make sense. 

Yep, up until 3 weeks ago SZA was heavily rumoured for Other, and there's no way Idles were first choice for Other headliner. I like them but that will be a tiny crowd. Jamie xx will probably pull a much bigger crowd at the same time on Woodsies. 

There’s things on there I’m super happy with. Avril is a big one and lots on my “I wanna see them this year” but it feels very thin. I know it’s not about the lineup but some of those headliners feel a bit bumped up. Like, aren’t idles like subbing the second stage at Victorious? 

There feels like there has been scrabbling. 

I know it’ll be amazing though. 

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Interesting that they've basically given us the lineup for people at home watching on TV. 

No Acoustic, Dance Village, Avalon etc. 

There's never more than a one or two from each of those on the first poster anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Interesting that they've basically given us the lineup for people at home watching on TV. 

No Acoustic, Dance Village, Avalon etc. 

Pretty sure that's always the case with the 1st poster

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nice one Emily on the majority female headliners 

See how weak the response has been though by making sure to book a last chance effort for SZA bringing Idles to headline Other....that's the worst booking position I've probably witnessed since attending.

I get and agree, diversify it, go as 50/50 as you can, but at the expense to the overall picture of the lineup itself? You can't do it, and make it look strong, if the acts aren't there to do that.

Edited by northernangel

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

no Kacey Musgraves either although she’s absolutely the sort of mid-Other act who could be added later. 

Can't figure out the size of her appeal here at all. She's playing the roundhouse (Capacity what 1800?) in May over here for 40 quid a ticket, but the US dates are the enormo-domes and 180 dollars.

Last time she played was amazing, perfect Sunday afternoon on the Other. A hug from @CaledonianGonzo, a rendition of 'Golden Hour' and I was all over the f**king shop.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Can't figure out the size of her appeal here at all. She's playing the roundhouse (Capacity what 1800?) in May over here for 40 quid a ticket, but the US dates are the enormo-domes and 180 dollars.

Last time she played was amazing, perfect Sunday afternoon on the Other. A hug from @CaledonianGonzo, a rendition of 'Golden Hour' and I was all over the f**king shop.

Those Roundhouse dates sold out in a heartbeat but yeah you can still get tickets for Wolverhampton which is pretty damning. The new album sounds like it’s correcting everything that fell a bit flat on star-crossed - would’ve made for a dream Park headliner. But alas. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy