Coldplay

smogo

2 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

For someone who goes on about the environment etc surely those single use plastic bracelets at every for for the past 8-9 years can’t be good for it surely?

At least watching it now it’s made my decision to see Jessie Ware easier

They ain’t single use . They get most back returned after gigs 

i wonder how much difference they'll be with their glasto set compared to big weekend, there's a decent chance that even any speaking will be identical.

I've often seen a band at several festivals in the same summer, and noticed that  the speaking between songs  can be the same.

• Upvote 1

Dunno. I haven’t seen them since they headlined in 2011. Gave Mylo Xyloto a cursory listen when it came out as they’d played a chunk of it on the pyramid and it sounded ok live, but didn’t do it for me when I heard the studio versions. Promptly ignored Coldplay ever since, but did have a soft spot for the first 4 albums. Anyway, in preparation for Glasto, I looked at their current setlist, realised I knew very little of it (bar the early songs that I would mostly switch for other early songs!)…was in Southern California a few weeks back, so I made a playlist of their most common set, and set off for a drive north of San Diego. Sunny day, open road, I bloody loved it. I expect a very different experience to previous Coldplay gigs, much more upbeat, and I appreciate that a lot of the better stuff was played in 2016, but I didn’t see it! Anyway, I for one can’t wait to see them again. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neil said:

i wonder how much difference they'll be with their glasto set compared to big weekend, there's a decent chance that even any speaking will be identical.

I've often seen a band at several festivals in the same summer, and noticed that  the speaking between songs  can be the same.

Well this was an hour and Glastonbury won't be.

11 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

“Michael in D Flat”…most impressive part of that was the key change and the whole band just switching in an instant!

in his defence apparently he couldnt hear a thing 😅

I didn’t see any of it. Setlist below. Out of interest, what was Orange like? Was it Yellow in disguise? Mixed feelings about seeing them next month, I’d really enjoy half of the songs, the show is likely to be superb, but there’s plenty of doubts too….

IMG_1392.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Out of interest, what was Orange like? Was it Yellow in disguise?

probably available on the meplayer if you want to check it out yourself.

I watched it and wavered between “oh I’ll have to go just for the lights / singalong” and “my time will be better spent elsewhere” .. I think if I can find a spot at the back of the field for a couple of songs my Coldplay itch will be scratched.

43 minutes ago, Neil said:

probably available on the meplayer if you want to check it out yourself.

OK I have. It’s an absolute rip-roaring classic! I lie. 

Think I’ll wait for Red when they next play in Manchester. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I didn’t see any of it. Setlist below. Out of interest, what was Orange like? Was it Yellow in disguise? Mixed feelings about seeing them next month, I’d really enjoy half of the songs, the show is likely to be superb, but there’s plenty of doubts too….

IMG_1392.jpeg

Yikes, this setlist. 2 good and one passable song.