Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Glastonbury101 said:

Speaking of site changes...I feel like it's obvious but I'm right in saying you can't walk into The Park from South Park 2 via the tipi field? You have to go down to Arcadia/The Park dividing path to then get in right?

nope sorry you can't

6 hours ago, Glastonbury101 said:

Speaking of site changes...I feel like it's obvious but I'm right in saying you can't walk into The Park from South Park 2 via the tipi field? You have to go down to Arcadia/The Park dividing path to then get in right?

hi again - as you can see from attached map the area you are thinking of is staff camping and there is fencing between the 2 sections of staff and public 

2023 Staff Map.pdf

Not quite a site change but we noticed walking this week round the village and surrounding areas that many houses had ‘Git orf moi land’ signs on their garden gates. All identical as if supplied by the festival. Actually they said private, please keep out😉.  Never seen that before, is this new? Locals please confirm,I should have asked in the Crown. 😊

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not quite a site change but we noticed walking this week round the village and surrounding areas that many houses had ‘Git orf moi land’ signs on their garden gates. All identical as if supplied by the festival. Actually they said private, please keep out😉.  Never seen that before, is this new? Locals please confirm,I should have asked in the Crown. 😊

Not new.  As you drive in to the festival car parks from the east you pass many properties with these signs.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just heard a rumour that the Irish piano bar is no more 

👍

Interesting, the smaller tucked away places are getting to nearly zero now

Edited by spg

8 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

No way!  Will be a shame to see it go.

Any rumours on why?

Still trying to find out why. It is/was a bit of a pain to deal with in the build up, as one of the Dragon Field crew. Still may only e an unfounded rumour 

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Still trying to find out why. It is/was a bit of a pain to deal with in the build up, as one of the Dragon Field crew. Still may only e an unfounded rumour 

I do wonder that, as they kind of set themselves apart from the festival, they're subject to the same rules and regs as the rest of the festival venues.  I don't recall seeing stewards in there for example.  Though it has been a few years and I'm usually a little hazy by the time I get in there.

42 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I do wonder that, as they kind of set themselves apart from the festival, they're subject to the same rules and regs as the rest of the festival venues.  I don't recall seeing stewards in there for example.  Though it has been a few years and I'm usually a little hazy by the time I get in there.

Never actually been in there. For 2 reasons: I hate queuing at festivals and I hate seriously alcohol based venues or vibes. 

9 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Yup can’t remember any stewards as well. Definitely not at the entrance - there were totally drunk random people managing the queue. There may have been someone at the exit (as it was more visible), but i can’t be sure. It was Monday morning 5AM last time i was there. 
They had a bar selling dodgy drinks as well which did not seem to be any brands the festival has contracts with 😄

20 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Just heard a rumour that the Irish piano bar is no more 

👍

Tbf some Irish guy tells you that every year when you try to find it on the Weds or Thurs!

(Although that isn't to say I don't believe the rumour)

10 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Yup can’t remember any stewards as well. Definitely not at the entrance - there were totally drunk random people managing the queue. There may have been someone at the exit (as it was more visible), but i can’t be sure. It was Monday morning 5AM last time i was there. 
They had a bar selling dodgy drinks as well which did not seem to be any brands the festival has contracts with 😄

I tried to get in last year via the exit. No stewards just an irish bloke telling us that had gathered that there was no space left inside (but would then let a few people in anyway)

On 5/16/2024 at 7:31 PM, gherkin8r said:

I genuinely cannot believe how much space there is in wicket family camping there. Someone on here, perhaps @Wooderson was saying there was loads of room there with kids playing football. Strongly considering going there over standard family camping. Further from kids field but LOADS of room. Anyone else camped there?

Been there a couple times mate. Lots of room, genuinely. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Damn 

Is it possible someone currently on site may have reported the Piano Bar as totally derelict and assumed it wasn't therefore expected for 2024?  Certainly when I was there recently it was pretty much in a destroyed state, but from experience we know that it gets resurrected during the build.

Just now, Pateen said:

Is the Peace area\stage new?

By the acts on there, I guess it’s Truth Stage renamed. That area is long overdue a makeover. Hopefully they’ve been reading my posts on here and we get something a bit brighter and more cheery 

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

By the acts on there, I guess it’s Truth Stage renamed. That area is long overdue a makeover. Hopefully they’ve been reading my posts on here and we get something a bit brighter and more cheery 

and sort out the crowd flow at the back - it is downright dangerous a lot of the time 

Just now, Frenger said:

and sort out the crowd flow at the back - it is downright dangerous a lot of the time 

Too many venues in Shangri-La and no need for the food stalls and bars at the back. 

If you’re heading to the BBC Introducing stage then look out for Bar on the Green’s new location right next door. This well loved bar offers plenty of indoor seating, cocktails, premium beers – including non alcoholic & disco tunes well into the night.

From the Glasto website in the 'bars' section - maybe freeing up space on Williams green for something else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1