SZA

gherkin8r

On 3/26/2024 at 2:39 PM, mouserat said:

I know it sounds all 'grumpy old man' but the sea of mobile phone screens is so dispiriting. 

These c**ts have a vote that’s equal to yours or mine too. They should be shot out of a circus cannon.

“Games gone”. Its truly sickening.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Downvote 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:55 AM, Suprefan said:

Easy for you to say. Do you live in latin america? You know they dont get gigs every damn day like you do? Might be the only thing they can go to or even afford for an entire year. Remember how spoiled you are in this regard.

Astonishing, the level of confidence in which you spout so much bollox. 

Thanks for that Lollapalooza clip. I watched one minute of it.  I want to be open-minded, but anything with so many pointless dancers on stage is not my cup of tea. 

Reminds me of Bollywood films, and the over-long Taylor Swift concert film I sat through in another attempt to be open-minded. I just don't get the appeal of so many people busily jumping around.  Glastonbury is about the music for me....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Thanks for that Lollapalooza clip. I watched one minute of it.  I want to be open-minded, but anything with so many pointless dancers on stage is not my cup of tea. 

Reminds me of Bollywood films, and the over-long Taylor Swift concert film I sat through in another attempt to be open-minded. I just don't get the appeal of so many people busily jumping around.  Glastonbury is about the music for me....

Same. I really wanted to like it but...just found it rather dull. Although it's more the backing track/ karaoke style performance that does my head in. I don't mind the dancing so much as long as there is a great live band. Madonna Blonde Ambition tour springs to mind - brilliant live band and live/ extended versions of the hits as well as dancing. But yep I'll be elsewhere.

Happy for anyone who's a fan and perhaps I'l watch the footage back and be won over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

Maybe you aren’t her target demographic. Looks 10x better than the lad/dad rock from last year to me. 

15 hours ago, airwaves said:

No way when Emily said last year she had got 2 female headliners, no way one of those was SZA!!! 

She didn't say that. She said they had one locked and one they were hopeful about, presumably Dua Lipa and Madonna respectively 

15 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Same. I really wanted to like it but...just found it rather dull. Although it's more the backing track/ karaoke style performance that does my head in. I don't mind the dancing so much as long as there is a great live band. Madonna Blonde Ambition tour springs to mind - brilliant live band and live/ extended versions of the hits as well as dancing. But yep I'll be elsewhere.

Happy for anyone who's a fan and perhaps I'l watch the footage back and be won over.

What I like most about her is that album cover. I remember cycling around rainy Dublin one morning and seeing a huge billboard of a girl sitting on a diving board over the blue sea.  I didn't know anything about her.  Looked SO appealing!

On 4/1/2024 at 6:51 PM, danbailey80 said:

I’ll accept the size/inconvenience of the pyramid for a band of skilled musicians, but not someone with a backing track and stage full of dancers that I can only see on the big screen

On 4/1/2024 at 7:02 PM, airwaves said:

No way when Emily said last year she had got 2 female headliners, no way one of those was SZA!!! 

She never said she’d got two female headliners. They said they had one definite and one they were working on.

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Could she get one of the smallest headline crowds ever?

I suspect this may be the case.  However I'm an old git so could be incredibly wide of the mark regards her popularity.  She could be a huge draw for every attendee under 25 for all I know.

29 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Could she get one of the smallest headline crowds ever?

Well, not exactly ever. But certainly modern era. Smallest since the 90s seems pretty likely.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I suspect this may be the case.  However I'm an old git so could be incredibly wide of the mark regards her popularity.  She could be a huge draw for every attendee under 25 for all I know.

Attendees under 25 don’t make up that much of the Glastonbury crowd anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Attendees under 25 don’t make up that much of the Glastonbury crowd anymore. 

Not so sure.  Most festivals I've attended have been a real mix of people from pretty much any perspective, age included.  However the last 2 seem to have been overwhelmingly large groups of people I would describe as "young", i.e. probably under 30.  And the amount of coked up young lads walking round with their top off barging through crowds was off the scale last year.

4 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not so sure.  Most festivals I've attended have been a real mix of people from pretty much any perspective, age included.  However the last 2 seem to have been overwhelmingly large groups of people I would describe as "young", i.e. probably under 30.  And the amount of coked up young lads walking round with their top off barging through crowds was off the scale last year.

Really hope that's not the case. Missed last year but was there in 2022 and had 3 young kids with me so thought I might be a bit more sensitive to and aware of these types being around but don't recall seeing them more than once or twice