Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

Same weekend as Glastonbury. Could well act to rule out Foos, QOTSA and Royal Blood, though admittedly all 3 were at Glasto this year so they may not have been likely anyway.

I would very much like Brutus and All Them Witches from that line up for Glastonbury. Others I'd like to see for sure, but suspect unlikely for Glasto's usual picks (not to mention their absolute disgust for anything remotely heavy).

5 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

I would very much like Brutus and All Them Witches from that line up for Glastonbury. Others I'd like to see for sure, but suspect unlikely for Glasto's usual picks (not to mention their absolute disgust for anything remotely heavy).

Bizarre to me that All Them Witches arent a bigger act. Genuinely baffled by that.

43 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Bizarre to me that All Them Witches arent a bigger act. Genuinely baffled by that.

Yeah really should be, lots of material under their belt, always maturing as a band and phenomenal live.  Their KEXP appearances have all be brilliant, for anyone un-initiated that is reading this 🙂

11 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Yeah really should be, lots of material under their belt, always maturing as a band and phenomenal live.  Their KEXP appearances have all be brilliant, for anyone un-initiated that is reading this 🙂

Dying Surfer one of the great rock albums of recent years.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Despite playing 6 times at this years festival, if they get their act together and release new stuff in 2024 are we likely to see the return of Lottery Winners on one of the bigger stages?

They are supporting Rick Astley on his tour next year, would love to see them back on the farm. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Picked up a copy of British Steel for cheap £££ today, prompting the question as to whether this is finally Judas Priest's year to do the Friday Dadrock Slot.

good f**king christ yes. Seeing them in march, if i get the chance to sidle up to Rob Halford then after i've bowed, i'll ask him if its likely or even vaguely on the cards. I know he made comments in 2014 when Metallica played about really wanting to be asked, so i dont think its beyond the realms of impossibility at all  (and British Steel is absolutely 100% stone cold classic, behind only probably painkiller in terms of my fave JP album) 

On 10/23/2023 at 10:43 AM, Mardy said:

Just seen the Nile Rogers Margate date. Need to have a ponder. Last experience at Dreamland was so bad (The Streets), not sure I can face it again. 

What was bad?

Different gigs there bring different crowd vibes and types, if that's what you mean?