Green Man 2024

bexj

54 minutes ago, modefan said:

It’s Bellowhead 

I'd love this to be true, can you explain how it fits? Roll Alabama in the sunshine would be glorious.

If not... Be Your Own Pet perhaps?

Edited by Sebwax

9 hours ago, cagoule said:

Can definitely see Yard Act and/or Baxter Dury. Too right, either Greentea Peng or Nubya Garcia would make a great daytime/sunset slot on the Mountain Stage.

Baxter Duty is playing End of the Road.

A random thought but I'm confused as to the sudden rise of Dury on some festival lineups.

Maybe I miss something but his music is a bit post-britpop geezer bants and hasn't really changed a lot in a decade. 

Not saying he is bad but he is the kind of artist where I struggle to imagine the fanbase.

3 minutes ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Baxter Duty is playing End of the Road.

A random thought but I'm confused as to the sudden rise of Dury on some festival lineups.

Maybe I miss something but his music is a bit post-britpop geezer bants and hasn't really changed a lot in a decade. 

Not saying he is bad but he is the kind of artist where I struggle to imagine the fanbase.

I loved seeing him at Green Man in 2018 (and been to a couple of his other gigs)- not sure who his typical fans are but I like him! 

9 hours ago, sscrybaby said:

I loved seeing him at Green Man in 2018 (and been to a couple of his other gigs)- not sure who his typical fans are but I like him! 

I'm not a huge Baxter Dury fan, but that set was good fun, and he definitely has the personality to pull off big stages.

My guess is: Decemberists, Big Thief, Phoenix and no idea for Thursday so I’ll go with JAMC too.

Would be thrilled with Wunderhorse, Katherine Priddy and Blondshell somewhere on the bill.

And hopefully The Wedding Present will turn up like always.

Yeah that's a pretty disappointing set of headliners but some great acts in the undercard. I love BCNR but I'm surprised they're back already, hopefully with new music. Their set in 2022 was my highlight of the weekend.

Can't believe I was getting excited for The Smile, Pj Harvey or Pixies and we've got the waitrose equivalent of British "punk". 

Edited by OddRon
  • Upvote 1