Green Man 2024

bexj

Would love PJ Harvey, The Smile and New Order to be the headliners. As others have pointed out, this combination is probably unlikely! I love the Pixies but have seen them a few times in the past five years now, so personally hope they aren't announced... 

6 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Would be better than pretty much any other touted headliner so far imo, but she isnt really a very green man booking so would say probably not. 

she literally never misses though live and is one of the last truly great living legends that arent too big for something like green man.

Yeah man i agree, seen her live a few years ago and she was amazing. Would definitely go down a treat if greenman ever took a chance on her

On 1/31/2024 at 10:50 PM, Cherrytree13 said:

Didn’t understand the hate for yo la tengo. 

Love Yo La Tengo, and the most recent album is a career highlight, but they’ve always seemed under-the-radar in UK terms.  (As in, as in aging DJ there isn’t a single YLT song I’d expect our audience to half-recognise in the way they would Pavement or Stereolab).   

my dream lineup would be Thurston Moore and YLT earlier on, Neil Young headlining.  Not going to happen, but it would be a perfect location and audience for him.

I think there’s a good chance of Joanna Newsom again - there’s been one US festival date confirmed, new live material last year and hasn’t played UK / Europe for years. Although  I think it would depend on if there is an album out this year.

Michael Head and the Red Elastic band deserve a good slot, and equally The Clientele (been around for 30 years, but now picking up biggest crowds of their career and a younger audience). I don’t think they are a name that would draw people in, but would be a good fit. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:37 PM, CANTON93 said:

What about Real Estate? New album out today. Maybe as a late afternoon mountain/far out?

Hoping for this - enjoying their new album. No radical departure from their trademark sound but some nice songs on there. Hopefully they come over to Europe in the late summer. Could see them being added to the Death Cab day at APE if they do 

1 hour ago, Katolivia said:

I would simply die with happiness if Joanna Newsom was confirmed 

Talented individual, but proper 'marmite'!

Rightly or wrongly, a significant cohort of EOTR regular attendees are still scarred by her last attendance there, mainly 'cos she pretty much insisted that every other stage / act was quiet at the time of her performance. No option, watch her with no alternative. For that reason alone, I personally hope she is nowhere near a GM line up.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

If anyone is interested we’ve put out a new episode of our podcast talking about our favourite green man rumours ahead of the release tomorrow - it’s how to build a festival episode 8

Great pod. Ideal pre line-up announcement listening

GM shared a few bands with Forward last year.

I think we can write off the headliners with them being so close, in both time and distance, to each other. However, Romy, Green tea Peng, Yussef Days or Nubya Garcia would be WONDERFUL.

Screenshot_20240229-112119~3.png

Edited by Sebwax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sebwax said:

GM shared a few bands with Forward last year.

I think we can write off the headliners with them being so close, in both time and distance, to each other. However, Romy, Green tea Peng, Yussef Days or Nubya Garcia would be WONDERFUL.

Screenshot_20240229-112119~3.png

Can definitely see Yard Act and/or Baxter Dury. Too right, either Greentea Peng or Nubya Garcia would make a great daytime/sunset slot on the Mountain Stage.