Green Man 2024

bexj

F me! I went out for a drink leaving my lovely lady Jo in charge- thinking it not a problem. She had numerous problems and lot of stress! Very luckily when I got back we still had a booking page. It worked! Just half an hour ago! Oh my days!

4 hours ago, suttttttt said:

I got through on payment plan, made payment then got this and have not had a confirmation by email, anyone else?

IMG_0641.png

This happened to me at least 10 times. Awful system.

Not everyone can get tickets if demand > supply.  But it doesn't have to be such a miserable frustrating experience for everyone.   I got tickets and am still cross about it all!

3 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Even just a legit queuing system would be better! It's so unfair to tell people that they're in a queue when the reality is very different.

Not so much a queue but a door opened to a club and everyone pushing to try and slip through with people getting in who arrived ages after those at the front.

• Like 1

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Not so much a queue but a door opened to a club and everyone pushing to try and slip through with people getting in who arrived ages after those at the front.

Great analogy!

It just annoys me that they suggest there is a benefit to sitting back and waiting! I'm sure plenty of people took that at face value and ended up sans tickets. The only people it benefits is Ticketline and their clearly underspec'd servers!

21 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Take heart - there’s still every chance that people will sell their tickets closer to the date. This year you could pick up tickets at reduced prices from the fanticks website right up until the start of GM.  🤞🤞🤞

I managed to get my tickets! Just annoyed on behalf of others.

2 hours ago, uscore said:

what was the resale of campervan tickets like?

Practically impossible to get. I gave up today when they sold out. Despite checking out twice with one in my cart, money being taken from my account twice and still not getting tickets.

Not an exaggeration to say Greenman festival has the worst ticketing system by a country mile, completely and utterly not fit for purpose

I would keep an eye on twickets but campervan passes are like gold dust

I am crying because I could not get my ticket. They go on sale at 3:00 a.m. my time. After 1.5 hours I was finally allowed to enter but got the time out screen. The tickets were showing on my C.C but no confirmation. I did not want to try and do it again and it ended up taking them hours to refund I suspect the tickets were already sold out at that point. Cheers to all that got tickets! I guess I will probably torture myself by trying for Glastonbury tickets next month.

10 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I am crying because I could not get my ticket. They go on sale at 3:00 a.m. my time. After 1.5 hours I was finally allowed to enter but got the time out screen. The tickets were showing on my C.C but no confirmation. I did not want to try and do it again and it ended up taking them hours to refund I suspect the tickets were already sold out at that point. Cheers to all that got tickets! I guess I will probably torture myself by trying for Glastonbury tickets next month.

That is sad, the system was poor this year. I got to put my bank details in 4 times and get kicked out before finally succeeding. Hold the faith though, if you are in the country at the time of the festival hopefully you’ll have luck with a resale, there were quite a lot this year. Good luck with Glastonbury tickets!

22 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

In the confusion of trying to get tickets for everyone in our group, we neglected to buy one for the new baby that's coming with us!!! 😳

Chuck it in your rucksack

18 minutes ago, uscore said:

Did it seem that refreshing the screen or leaving it to auto refresh was the best way to get through?

I had two devices (yes sorry, I know it was recommended that we didn’t) and I refreshed on the one and just left the other. I got through on the one that I left alone. It took me approximately an hour and my ticket number was in the low 5000, so I assume as others have mentioned that the issue was in the sheer volume of people trying at once overwhelming the system. Like the opening of the store doors of a black Friday sale! 

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Did it seem that refreshing the screen or leaving it to auto refresh was the best way to get through?

18 minutes ago, uscore said:

why wouldn't you have two devices though?  Of course everyone is going to be trying with everything they can.

Exactly 😀. I’d be curious to know how many people over the 25,000 capacity tried for tickets.  I guess it must be a lot more or they would try and up the capacity. Hope they don’t though as it feels busier now than it used to.

Who do we reckon will play next year then? I'm keeping an eye out for Parades De Coura's lineup as that's usually a good indicator. 

After their performance in Cardiff, I'd love Chemical Brothers to do the big electronic  slot that we've seen Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, Four Tet play over the last few years. 

Hoping we get a few from this year's EOTR. (would happily take Wilco, Future Islands, UMO, Wet Leg or Angel Olson)

Would love to see Black Midi, Villagers and Stella Donnelly return.

43 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Who do we reckon will play next year then? I'm keeping an eye out for Parades De Coura's lineup as that's usually a good indicator. 

After their performance in Cardiff, I'd love Chemical Brothers to do the big electronic  slot that we've seen Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, Four Tet play over the last few years. 

Hoping we get a few from this year's EOTR. (would happily take Wilco, Future Islands, UMO, Wet Leg or Angel Olson)

Would love to see Black Midi, Villagers and Stella Donnelly return.

I could see Chemical Brothers if they’re not too big? Angel Olson played a while back and was great. Future Islands also played - I didn’t see them but not sure if they were good or not. Stella D and villagers would also be great returns. I’d also like to see Black Pumas, Bjork or David Byrne (long shots) and a return for St Vincent (her headline set was one my favourites) and the Felice Brothers. Also I know it’s probably not a GM band but I’d like to OMD now they are on the road.

Also I heard Wet Leg were taking a break for a while. Not sure how true that is.