Getting tickets year on year

pdiddylive

On 7/1/2023 at 8:13 AM, cb4747 said:

If ticket sales, resales and working/volunteering doesn’t work there’s always competitions! I won tickets in 2014 and 2023 😊 there’s hundreds of tickets given away in competitions. 

You've won twice within ten years?

I suspect you're one of the folks here who's put in a lot of legwork to enter whatever is going, but still that's phenomenal.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:59 PM, rubenz said:

I've been lucky enough to get tickets for 12 years in row (for a group of 6 with different people getting through) 

All I can say is get organised but you really need to work that refresh key. 

No stopping for a cup of tea or a WhatsApp or Facebook Post. You need to keep pressing that F5 until all hope is lost and then press it some more! 

Several times I have got in at the least minute. Just get in the zone with no distractions and focus on the task in hand. I must have refreshed solidly for over an hour before I got the shot at the booking page! 

I normally have a laptop on the ticket page going through the countdown and constantly press the refresh button on my phone (have got tickets in a sale/resale every year since 2003 except for this one and 2016). Have got through on the 4G/5G connection rather than my home broadband on a couple of occasions- not sure if that’s made a difference?

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

You've won twice within ten years?

I suspect you're one of the folks here who's put in a lot of legwork to enter whatever is going, but still that's phenomenal.

Both BBC Radio competitions. Not the main stations so I guess the lower entries was in my favour.
(I've entered various competitions over the last 10 years and won lots: money, other festival tickets, weekends away, and even my wedding!) I do put a lot of effort in but only for enjoyment and for the things I really want. I hate to sound silly but I truly believe in manifesting, and it seems to have worked for me. Just need to work on my lottery win now... 

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Both BBC Radio competitions. Not the main stations so I guess the lower entries was in my favour.
(I've entered various competitions over the last 10 years and won lots: money, other festival tickets, weekends away, and even my wedding!) I do put a lot of effort in but only for enjoyment and for the things I really want. I hate to sound silly but I truly believe in manifesting, and it seems to have worked for me. Just need to work on my lottery win now... 

That's quite a track record 😊

Many moons ago in the 80s there used to be regular adverts in magazines for Competitors companion (I see they have a Web presence still). 

Their ads used to suggest all sorts of potential success, although to be honest it would have been more effective if they just quoted your successes. 

Edited by clarkete

14 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Who organises the buying groups on here, or are they fairly spontaneous?

If the resale method is used for the next general sale, I can't see any other way of getting through other than being in a 50-100 strong group

there were 5 groups last year so they may well have decided to stick with existing groups for future sales , the advantage of big groups i would suggest has diminished with the latest sale method ( no card payment at the time ) people will likely only get through once so they will likely get their own tickets ..... the advantage comes where you can get lots of helpers that arent buying helping an individual or group . you might gain a little by having helpers that arent attempting the bus sale pooling together and helping with that ... then switching for main sale 

I've been quite lucky, had been every year since 2008 with a ticket apart from 2013 and 2023. I used to never get a sniff of the ticket page but the last few years i've been able to get on, both for my group and other groups in the resale. We have a load of groups buying and are pretty organised. It does definitely seem to be getting more difficult though.

On 6/30/2023 at 4:57 PM, pdiddylive said:

So having been for the first time, we’ve well and truly got the bug and would love to be back on the farm in 2024 already! 

the thought of not getting a ticket is really sad so for those who manage to get one each year, any advice on how best to do it? It’s only the two of us but we’d love to already go again! (I know, first world problems and all!) 🥳🤞🤷‍♂️

Remove a kidney and offer it to the Glasto Gods

I've been successful every year since 1997, apart from this year. At first I got them myself through sheer perseverance but more recently relying on friends with faster internet connections.

I knew my luck would run out one day but we were luckily able to get volunteering places with Oxfam in the second release. Not feeling that confident about ticket day in October this year!

I’ve been lucky enough to get a ticket every year I’ve wanted to go since 97.  Mainly down to friends luck getting a booking page, though I got through straight away this year too after not seeing a booking page for years.

The years I wasn’t successful at getting tickets I’ve worked for oxfam and recycle crew. Would definitely recommend the volunteering route, it’s a lot of fun.

Glastonbury highlights are being shown in international flights. Social media doesn't help either. It's everywhere now.

Best thing you can do is maximize your chances. Try every single sale (coach, general, coach resale, general resale). And as many people trying as you can.

I got tickets for 5 of the 6 times I've tried and we're only two people trying. But we tried every sale. 

Edited by Calvin Klein
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Glastonbury highlights are being shown in international flights. Social media doesn't help either. It's everywhere now.

Has been for decades.

I saw a report that apparently loads left on the Sunday "because it was crap". Hopefully they won't return and will tell their mates not to bother.

IMO it was fantastic.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I saw a report that apparently loads left on the Sunday "because it was crap". 

Maybe that was balanced by locals arriving, as certainly for the rest of us (not you 😉) at the pyramid it certainly wasn't quieter like Sundays in the old days. 

I’ve managed to get tickets for every Glastonbury general sale I’ve tried for (which is the last 3) whereas no one else in my group has.
Last year, I managed to get through at 9am on the dot and the payment deposits had left my bank by 09:02.

I’ve always made sure I’ve sat next to my wifi box each time, on my laptop, one tab, one browser, and just refreshed every second (no more than once per second though!) without stopping until I get through. I’m extremely persistent with it and never stop refreshing. 

However I’m sure many tens of thousands of others do the exact same thing and don’t even get through to the holding page. So there isn’t really any big secret to it and I’ve definitely had a lucky streak…. who knows how long it will last!

16 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

I’ve managed to get tickets for every Glastonbury general sale I’ve tried for (which is the last 3) whereas no one else in my group has.
Last year, I managed to get through at 9am on the dot and the payment deposits had left my bank by 09:02.

I’ve always made sure I’ve sat next to my wifi box each time, on my laptop, one tab, one browser, and just refreshed every second (no more than once per second though!) without stopping until I get through. I’m extremely persistent with it and never stop refreshing. 

However I’m sure many tens of thousands of others do the exact same thing and don’t even get through to the holding page. So there isn’t really any big secret to it and I’ve definitely had a lucky streak…. who knows how long it will last!

same technique here .... I get in most times ( mates dont ) purely luck 

We've done 09-23, with numbers gradually being increased.  Every year we say this will be the year our luck runs out and every year we're astonished that we sort everyone. It's been 6 groups the last few years.

The more I read up on it, the more astonishing it is how lucky we've been. 

Tell you what though - not one person takes it for granted when we're there! Always play e it as if you might never get back again!

On 7/3/2023 at 2:48 PM, a6l6e6x said:

I'm the only one in my group to ever be successful. Hoping someone else picks it up for once this year

Same here, every year since 14, and only two of those in the main sale. 

Been 21 out of the last 22  festivals. First 1995 last one I missed was 1997 (by choice) and been every one since 1998 onwards.. Never used to be a problem getting tickets until the fence went up. You could get them from record shops the week before.

Only secret is determination and strength in numbers.

Gone to re sale about 3 times but always got there in the end!

The thing is, you will go if you really want to. Whether trying for tickets or volunteering.

You do need to have your number with as many groups as possible - bud you really really owe it on them to communicate clearly and quickly once your ticket has been bought. I’ve seen it happen where people are blocked out.