Getting tickets year on year

pdiddylive

So having been for the first time, we’ve well and truly got the bug and would love to be back on the farm in 2024 already! 

the thought of not getting a ticket is really sad so for those who manage to get one each year, any advice on how best to do it? It’s only the two of us but we’d love to already go again! (I know, first world problems and all!) 🥳🤞🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pdiddylive said:

So having been for the first time, we’ve well and truly got the bug and would love to be back on the farm in 2024 already! 

the thought of not getting a ticket is really sad so for those who manage to get one each year, any advice on how best to do it? It’s only the two of us but we’d love to already go again! (I know, first world problems and all!) 🥳🤞🤷‍♂️

Persevere, keep an eye on this site for hints, get organised, go for coach and general sale

and pray, it’s just your luck if you get them! 

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Persevere, keep an eye on this site for hints, get organised, go for coach and general sale

and pray, it’s just your luck if you get them! 

Or if that fails, try and get a volunteering position: Oxfam, Greenpeace, Wateraid.

• Upvote 2

It’s getting incrementally harder, and will be harder still if they keep the same system from the resale, so past performance isn’t necessarily going to be a guide to future performance for you (people who have been every year are going to find that harder and harder to maintain). Aside from that it’s not rocket science and there is no secret method, be organised, have as many people trying for you as possible, try in as many sales as possible, if all that fails volunteer. It’s just a numbers game, no more, no less.

Edited by Jose Pose

Move to Pilton or move to Liverpool

Yeah it's seriously just luck. I am the only person who has ever scored tickets for me, and I always have a load of people trying. I'm the only one of my group who's ever got through in the main sale, but when we've done coach sales for others it's always been somebody else who's got through. None of us do anything differently. There's no geographical or device advantage because I've got tickets in different cities, countries, continents, 4(ish) different devices and sometimes it's the sh*tty old diesel powered laptop that does it, sometimes it's a mid range Android, sometimes it's the IT w*nker M1 MacBook Pro. All you can do is be in the sales and roll the dice and hope.

• Upvote 1

I've been super lucky and got tickets every time I've tried. A couple of times for myself but have had lots of other people get mine and in return I have also got tickets on a fair few occassions for other people, so like to think of it as good karma. I usually organise the ticket groups and just get as many people as I can trying as possible so it has been a numbers game. The new system in place for the resale this year is making me nervous for next year though I have to admit. 

I've never secured a ticket. There's 18 of us (3 x groups of 6) and a spreadsheet or something and then I try and my browser hangs on ticket day - then I go back to bed and my girlfriend starts screaming (if we get tickets).

This year 12 out of the 18 got tickets and we tried in the resale for the 'lost 6' but no joy.

Lottery innit. 

I've been lucky enough to get tickets for 12 years in row (for a group of 6 with different people getting through) 

All I can say is get organised but you really need to work that refresh key. 

No stopping for a cup of tea or a WhatsApp or Facebook Post. You need to keep pressing that F5 until all hope is lost and then press it some more! 

Several times I have got in at the least minute. Just get in the zone with no distractions and focus on the task in hand. I must have refreshed solidly for over an hour before I got the shot at the booking page! 

Edited by rubenz

I'm convinced it's mainly luck but there's things you can do to give you an edge. Definitely get organised and make sure everyone is focused on the task at hand. I got the tickets for us last year and my mate was messaging the WhatsApp group after 10 minutes already despairing! I just had to ignore and keep going and my determination paid off finally. I'll be setting some ground rules before the next sale 😂

Edited by betbinch

It's all random. I got mine this year in the coach resale on my phone in the middle of nowhere in my campervan. Definitely have as many people / devices / separate connections trying on Ticket day. Try all the sales, and be prepared to try still not be successful for a couple of years. 

Me and my group have been proper organised since 2010, and at least some of us have been every year since. I used to be the charmed one who got through and got at least one group, but I haven’t even seen a booking page now since 2016 I think; so I volunteer and am there every year as long as I keep up with me obligations with oxfam, and I try and book for other people on ticket day. 
again though, I haven’t even seen a booking page in bloody years, so I’m no kind of oracle or ticket-harvester! 

4 hours ago, pdiddylive said:

All great advice…thanks everyone! 😆 definitely will get as organised as possible for October and get that refresh finger ready by the sounds of it! 

As you’ll hopefully see there are lots of people using similar strategies.

Apologies, but just to add a tinge of negative balance - given there is a massive oversubscription in registrations and that you can usually see some advice shared by papers/websites in the run up to the main sale, the advantage of us who've succeeded in the past is less pronounced than it was - this in turn means there are plenty who contribute here that have experienced a blip in their string of successes. 

We're also a bit wary that if the main sale will be performed as the last resale was, where they separate the payment to later in the day.  This means the sale could finish faster than ever, as the process is quicker. 

I’ve been 9 times, secured our tickets once. 

Of those other 8 it’s been mates who have been lucky, I haven’t had a sniff of the sales page bar that 1 year. 

Get as many eyes on the prize as you can and F5 like your life depends on it. 

Not getting tickets will become a reality for all of us here at some point. 

On 7/1/2023 at 8:13 AM, cb4747 said:

If ticket sales, resales and working/volunteering doesn’t work there’s always competitions! I won tickets in 2014 and 2023 😊 there’s hundreds of tickets given away in competitions. 

Saw you on the competitions thread but didn't realise you won, that's amazing!!

On 7/1/2023 at 8:53 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

After a historic run I'm resigned to 2024 being the year we finally d@b down.

Yeah I'm seeing it as a bonus for next year- as I left this year it was with the expectation it'll be at least 2 years before returning, probably more 

Edited by efcfanwirral