Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

52 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can you get someone to record a reading of that passage and add it to your playlist? Morgan Freeman perhaps.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If he's not available, Attenborough might be a good fall back 

Charles Dance has a proven track record and would be ideal I think.

On 2/6/2024 at 5:07 PM, Talcroft said:

New favourite insult which I shall be borrowing, thanks.

Early Beat Hotel was wonderful, I have some very happy 2014 memories there. In my head that was before wannabe love island goblins had fully caught on to Glastonbury though. 2015 was when it realllllly started changing for me - we went from being a group of 6-12 pals going to 50. Ten years on and it's just little old me still going.

Yeah can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014 but always had a good time there in those years.

Ever since, it feels like that part of the site has got a bit grim though. The design of the place rewards stasis, people use it as a meeting point and then never move on. Nobody ever seems to be there because of the actual music that's playing, they're just there because it was convenient and they haven't got enough imagination to consider there might be somewhere better to be than standing under a big neon sign that looks cool on Instagram.

30 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Yeah can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014 but always had a good time there in those years.

Ever since, it feels like that part of the site has got a bit grim though. The design of the place rewards stasis, people use it as a meeting point and then never move on. Nobody ever seems to be there because of the actual music that's playing, they're just there because it was convenient and they haven't got enough imagination to consider there might be somewhere better to be than standing under a big neon sign that looks cool on Instagram.

While I agree with this when applied to Beat Hotel, it's not the case for San Remo... the line ups there have been awesome with the intention of it being a serious music venue on that side of the festival, rather than just a place to hang out. 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

While I agree with this when applied to Beat Hotel, it's not the case for San Remo... the line ups there have been awesome with the intention of it being a serious music venue on that side of the festival, rather than just a place to hang out. 

That's good to hear - think I've only been there for one San Remo incarnation and never ended up there. 

20 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If he's not available, Attenborough might be a good fall back 

I often used to narrate nights out with work as though I were Attenborough because it was human wildlife in action. Here's a group of alpha males engaged in a pissing contest to try and assert their power in front of the ultimate alpha: their boss.

Surely not Engelbert Humperdinck (there's an article in the Sun which I won't link to)

Looks like it's based purely on the fact he's brought out a new album and says he would like to do Glastonbury.

Edited by Ommadawn

29 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Surely not Engelbert Humperdinck (there's an article in the Sun which I won't link to)

Looks like it's based purely on the fact he's brought out a new album and says he would like to do Glastonbury.

No way is he legend slot material. I know the name but I couldn't name a song by him. He could do an early morning/afternoon slot maybe.