Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Starting to belive the annie mac thing. Woefully crap / budget if true.

im sure some will enjoy but just really showing that theres no money in the pot for acts 

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

What are they doing with all the money we are spending on tickets? I agree it's the cheapest act possible, really need a decent act to start the festival proper imo.

I think that's a little harsh, she played the same stage Andy C played last year. She was a special guest I believe at Tramlines or one of those the last couple of years, is that any different go Hard-Fi, Natalie Imbruglia and Blossoms having done the special guests and afternoon slots at them including The Vaccines as well? She's not a constantly touring dj either. She might. She might be a radio dj but so is Danny Howard and he plays some big slots.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

What are they doing with all the money we are spending on tickets? I agree it's the cheapest act possible, really need a decent act to start the festival proper imo.

Tbf I had a whale of a time with my kids around lunchtime at victorious one year having a little dance to Annie. 

However I would imagine that the money on infrastructure, staffing to make sure with aligns with the increase in cost of living, catering, insurances, energy etc is probably substantially more all round. Little increases will add up fast and while they probably want to keep it fair, to ensure that some money goes to charitable causes still, they’ve had to pass costs on via tickets. 

There was a lot of chat a while back about smaller acts not being able to afford to do gigs and tours because their costs were literally obliterated by logistics, hotels, staff, kit etc. sad times. 

2 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Tbf I had a whale of a time with my kids around lunchtime at victorious one year having a little dance to Annie. 

However I would imagine that the money on infrastructure, staffing to make sure with aligns with the increase in cost of living, catering, insurances, energy etc is probably substantially more all round. Little increases will add up fast and while they probably want to keep it fair, to ensure that some money goes to charitable causes still, they’ve had to pass costs on via tickets. 

There was a lot of chat a while back about smaller acts not being able to afford to do gigs and tours because their costs were literally obliterated by logistics, hotels, staff, kit etc. sad times. 

Yes gig prices have gone insane in the last year. Pretty much all arena level shows seem to be starting at least around £65 when it used to be around £40. Some are starting at nearly £100. It’s certainly going up even higher than inflation. 

I’ve set myself a £35 limit unless it’s something really special and there are lots of venues I no longer even check out. 

41 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Caught the end of them in the Glade last year, a great laugh

They're one of those acts where when someone who's never been asks afterwards what was your highlight and you try to explain that one of them was enjoying cheesy music dj'd by two women dressed in pinnies and waving around feather dusters.  And then you give up and say one of the headliners.

• Upvote 4

On 4/14/2024 at 9:24 AM, Euphoricape said:

Maybe the days of booking big name acts have gone then. Still the best festival in the world but just not gonna be able to book the big names unless they are willing to play for reasons other than money. 

Not sure this is it honestly

Unless they literally can't afford to just cover artist's tour costs e.g. trucks, planes, dancers etc

They've never paid even close to the full fee so i don't really see why it would be make or break. maybe knocks a few more people off the list thats willing

Yes - I am old - but I've never even heard of Baby Queen until the poster dropped this morning.  Looks like she's only got one album out too.  Why are people thinking she's the stature of an Avalon headliner?

11 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Looks like she’s in bigger letters and central so thought maybe she was. Got my headliners sorted so I’d prefer her further down the bill. 

She's not bigger in letters, and only central / on her own line because the Bar Stewards have a very long name.

18 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Looks like she’s in bigger letters and central so thought maybe she was. Got my headliners sorted so I’d prefer her further down the bill. 

Letters re definatley the same size as for others.

No reason to think she is headlining at all.

1 hour ago, incident said:

She's not bigger in letters, and only central / on her own line because the Bar Stewards have a very long name.

Fair enough, I thought it was bigger in my haste and excitement. She always seems to crop up at festivals I’m at. This will be my fifth time seeing her and I’ve never attended any of her own gigs! Saw her at Tempelhof Sounds 2022, Tramlines 2022, Neighbourhood 2022 and Rock Werchter 2023. Excellent every time.