Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Or their manager?? How do people get the time off work etc to do this. It's an incredible level of dedication.

Def not their manager or singer 😄 I've seen them 30+ times which is fair enough but I was shocked when they got back to me with that number! The cost, travel, food/drink merch..........

ffs! i've seen the Flaming Lips 14 times, which i was quite impressed by when i sat down and worked it out. Would happily see them another 14 times as well. But in the hundreds . . . surely they get a night, maybe a sunday show when they're already seen them twice that weekend and have travelled to another city, the band start up and they must surely think: 'i don't really fancy it tonight, i'm off for a pint in the bar . .  ' cos i know i bloody would! 

i am off to see Cattle Decap twice next week, Monday in Brighton and Friday in London, and thats quite a lot of one band in a week 😄 i saw Elvana three times last summer at festivals and that felt like a lot, i was quite Elvana'd out by the time september rolled around

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

ffs! i've seen the Flaming Lips 14 times, which i was quite impressed by when i sat down and worked it out. Would happily see them another 14 times as well. But in the hundreds . . . surely they get a night, maybe a sunday show when they're already seen them twice that weekend and have travelled to another city, the band start up and they must surely think: 'i don't really fancy it tonight, i'm off for a pint in the bar . .  ' cos i know i bloody would! 

i am off to see Cattle Decap twice next week, Monday in Brighton and Friday in London, and thats quite a lot of one band in a week 😄 i saw Elvana three times last summer at festivals and that felt like a lot, i was quite Elvana'd out by the time september rolled around

I saw Lottery Winners three times at Glasto last year, not sure how many people saw them all six times they played...

1 hour ago, sfroml said:

**Even Hotter off the Press Update***

Just heard back from someone who has confirmed they have seen (British) Sea Power 457 times! 😄

Band started in 1995 (according to Wiki).

So that’s seeing the band 1.3 times per month for 29 years 🤯

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Sums up my feelings really.  The one act I've seen most is Frank Turner.  Including solo acoustic stuff and full band I think I've seen him 14-15 times.  Silver medal goes to Therapy?, who I've seen 10 times over the last 30 years and will be seeing again in November.

I've seen Sonic Youth 13 or 14 times but Therapy? can't be far behind, saw them loads in the 90s and a couple of times more recently.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

TBF I've been to watch Arsenal play over 700 times since 1994, usually a full day out, match ticket, food, booze, etc. 🙂 

Edited by gooner1990
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

TBF I've been to watch Arsenal play over 700 times since 1994, usually a full day out, match ticket, food, booze, etc. 🙂 

and doubtless sometimes halfway through you think cobblers to this, i'm off to the bar 😄 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

That's good going, must cost a fortune following Arsenal. Dread to think how many Luton games I've been to in the last 40 years, been going since I was three years old!

Think Blur must be my most seen band, at about 15 times.

1 minute ago, duke88 said:

That's good going, must cost a fortune following Arsenal. Dread to think how many Luton games I've been to in the last 40 years, been going since I was three years old!

Considering I live 50 miles West of London its the travel that usually does it money wise.

Think I've seen Prodigy 10 times...that's probably my big one. 🙂

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

There's very few clubs who've had the range of different away grounds that Luton have had, though, the last decade or two most pertinently. Always a new away trip or ten coming up, instead of 75% the same grounds like Arsenal get - keeps things fresh and new 

16 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

There's very few clubs who've had the range of different away grounds that Luton have had, though, the last decade or two most pertinently. Always a new away trip or ten coming up, instead of 75% the same grounds like Arsenal get - keeps things fresh and new 

Yep, it's certainly a rollercoaster following us. I've seen us play at places like Histon, Hayes & Yeading and Dartford, you don't get that following Arsenal! My son is only 16, and he's seen us in play in five different divisions.

5 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Crazily impressive numbers, especially as they are from my hometown and seems to me like they are constantly playing there.

Anyone else seen an act a massive amount of times? I have caught Chase and Status about 30 times, not because im a big fan just because they are everywhere (especially last decade ) and I just always go along.

The Frank & Walters, 50+ times. My good buddy hits the 100 times milestone this year

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Or their manager?? How do people get the time off work etc to do this. It's an incredible level of dedication.

i've got a mate who says they're her favourite band, and has seen them loads - but she's from Brighton, so i let her off.

Sea Power are overdue to come back - 8 years since they were last on the Other, and it must be over 15 years since they almost got banned from the festival for your man climbing the stage in the tent

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

James fans are clearly very dedicated. At the orchestra show, the queue for merch was bigger than the queue for the bar.

They are clearly dedicated AND teetotal. Perhaps because they are so old and the vast array of meds they are on.