Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

18 hours ago, incident said:

Maybe even a bit higher than that. Could easily see them headlining Woodsies or the Park.

3rd down other is about this surely - definitely Park anyway

I've seen James circa 60 times and for me there's been only a few gigs where they were 'alright', and by that the gigs were still really good but not as good as some of their very best gigs. An absolutely brilliant live band. Wasn't mad on their last album barring a few tracks but those songs did sound great live. And I've just listened to the latest song and I think it's great, (the snippet I'd heard earlier this week had left me a bit cold but hearing the whole song it fits into place nicely).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfroml said:

I've seen James circa 60 times and for me there's been only a few gigs where they were 'alright', and by that the gigs were still really good but not as good as some of their very best gigs. An absolutely brilliant live band. Wasn't mad on their last album barring a few tracks but those songs did sound great live. And I've just listened to the latest song and I think it's great, (the snippet I'd heard earlier this week had left me a bit cold but hearing the whole song it fits into place nicely).

Not seen them quite that many times but I am in double figures and have loved every single one.

I really like that they often adapt set lists on stage based on the reaction of the crowd to the 'non hits'.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Other Steve said:

I've watched James on 4 occasions in recent years and they've been outstanding every single time.  They play a good mix of old and new and the new stuff is very good.  They really know how to perform and will put on an awesome show.  Can't wait.

This is the setlist from Liverpool last year.Screenshot_20240228_175217_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aa23e8912c79c3e338d11410c6d89c36.jpg

It was a very similar set at Crystal Palace, if not the same. Was nice to hear a couple of really old songs and a lesser known oldish one - Johnny Yen, Hymn From A Village and Honest Joe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mouserat said:

If we're at the stage where bands are confirming their appearance on BBC radio, we surely must be close to an official announcement?

Possibly rushed into it by Jamie carragher and Gary Neville confirming on their behalf though so it was pretty well out there anyway 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Possibly rushed into it by Jamie carragher and Gary Neville confirming on their behalf though so it was pretty well out there anyway 

When's the next match on Sky? - any chance they can tell us the rest of the lineup at halftime?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, sfroml said:

60 times! those are some impressive numbers!  I'm nowhere near that even for bands I love and see every tour.

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

60 times! those are some impressive numbers!  I'm nowhere near that even for bands I love and see every tour.

I know somebody who has seen Big Country over 100 times. When they play he literally sees every date on the tour that he can make. I don't think I have seen any act more than 10 times.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I know somebody who has seen Big Country over 100 times. When they play he literally sees every date on the tour that he can make. I don't think I have seen any act more than 10 times.

I'm in the mid league compared to some of the other James fans out there who have seen them 250+ times... 😄

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That is amazing.  Yeah there are a couple of acts which I've seen 14/15 times and less than 10 that I've seen 10+ times and kinda know I will always see them at a festival or if they play my hometown but I don't think I would do every date (or even multiple dates) of a tour.  I think sometimes I'll see an act on the festival run and then on the tour as well for the same album cycle, that's probably as much as I would do.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Particularly given Big Country in 2024 are a bit of a dog with two legs. Even the bloke from The Alarm's not there any more.

Mike Peters? He's supporting them on a bunch of dates this year! 

23 minutes ago, sfroml said:

I'm in the mid league compared to some of the other James fans out there who have seen them 250+ times... 😄

Wow that's real dedication.

18 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

That is amazing.  Yeah there are a couple of acts which I've seen 14/15 times and less than 10 that I've seen 10+ times and kinda know I will always see them at a festival or if they play my hometown but I don't think I would do every date (or even multiple dates) of a tour.  I think sometimes I'll see an act on the festival run and then on the tour as well for the same album cycle, that's probably as much as I would do.

Yes I guess I have never been too fanatical about any one artist and the ones I was more obsessed with when I was younger I just didn't have the budget or ability to see them more than once per tour.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Particularly given Big Country in 2024 are a bit of a dog with two legs. Even the bloke from The Alarm's not there any more.

Yes he was a really nice guy and loved his music but his music was about 5 or 6 bands that he was utterly obsessed with and not much else. Think he'd seen The Wedding Present over 50 times as well.

James interview:

"...a Somerset field this summer...?

"What does that mean? Hiking and camping? Yes is the answer..."

He also talks about the choir and orchestra being 100+ people so I can't see it being the orchestra version. 

Edited by danbailey80

31 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Crazily impressive numbers, especially as they are from my hometown and seems to me like they are constantly playing there.

Anyone else seen an act a massive amount of times? I have caught Chase and Status about 30 times, not because im a big fan just because they are everywhere (especially last decade ) and I just always go along.