The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

On 5/6/2024 at 10:35 AM, The Nal said:

Not good

Monday 20 May - Monday 3 Jun

During the longer range outlook period, there is a greater chance of unsettled weather returning across the UK. This means that spells of wet weather are likely for most

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/long-range-forecast

You are on point again this year I see fella 😀 

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

You are on point again this year I see fella 😀 

Seems so!

sh*t.

This brings us almost to within a month of gates opening. 

Wednesday 15 May - Friday 24 May

Low pressure is expected to be dominant across the UK at the start of this period, bringing widely unsettled conditions. Most areas will be affected by showers, which could in a few places be heavy, slow-moving, with thunder and possibly hail, or even longer spells of rain at first

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/uk#:~:text=Long range forecast,-Tuesday 14 May&text=The weather is expected to,much of the United Kingdom.

Plenty of rain over the site next week… all models go for 1-2 inches in the next 10 days… nothing too disastrous though.

Next 10 days rain:

American model:

IMG_4329.thumb.jpeg.a5ea2f1e460db3d69aecdc788013a7a6.jpeg

European model:

IMG_4330.thumb.jpeg.ece4f6963194e9d016221cc7495b3b13.jpeg

And the outlook for June from all the global models remains for a warmer than average month with average rainfall. Which doesn’t tell us much really…….

Edited by Sheffield Steve

1 hour ago, Sheffield Steve said:

And the outlook for June from all the global models remains for a warmer than average month with average rainfall. Which doesn’t tell us much really…….

Well is that average for June or average for the rain-soaked 2024? Because fairly different models ngl.

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Ok. I now want sunshine AND the Northern Lights to put in an appearance. Not too much to ask for, right?!

That would be great! Do you know Coldplay wristbands can be seen from the moon, so they might outdo the northern lights😊😉

if you don’t see them you could always catch Aurora on the park stage. I’ll be there! 

Ok. I now want sunshine AND the Northern Lights to put in an appearance. Not too much to ask for, right?!

Maybe I should be eager for them to surface tomorrow given I wasn't aware of this effect so slept through the Northern Lights display and first thing on my Instagram this morning was a lot of people who had stayed up to see them.

Yep planning to catch that Aurora too. 

Nearest I'm getting is seeing Foo Fighters play Aurora, seeing as I'm going to be seeing them in June and that song seems to be a staple in their setlists at present as I believe that was one of Taylor Hawkins' favourites.

Honestly bizarre and frightening how quickly the weather has shifted in London. 25 degrees today. Barely any clouds in the sky. Looks and feels like the Saturday of last year. Thankfully plenty of shade in London, but hoping for the more temperate weather we got on the Sunday! I say that as a friend of mine got heatstroke and I saw a few people passing out in the tents. Do we think they’ll have improved the shading situation this year? 

Edited by Flighty Zoo

1 hour ago, Flighty Zoo said:

Honestly bizarre and frightening how quickly the weather has shifted in London. 25 degrees today. Barely any clouds in the sky. Looks and feels like the Saturday of last year. Thankfully plenty of shade in London, but hoping for the more temperate weather we got on the Sunday! I say that as a friend of mine got heatstroke and I saw a few people passing out in the tents. Do we think they’ll have improved the shading situation this year? 

Can’t see there being any more shaded areas than normal.  We always try and seek out a smaller stage such as croissant neuf or a bar to get out of the direct sun.  Woodsies area is also good place to find some shade.  Heatstroke can be countered by drinking plenty fluid and not charging around the site trying to rush from one stage to another. 

1 hour ago, Flighty Zoo said:

If you're feeling the heat go to the spike bar or the benches just outside it by the water fountain dispenser thingy.. Really nice and cool and with the benefit of still seeing/ hearing whoever is playing on the glade stage .I spent an hour there last year when I was feeling overheated and drink plenty of water with a high 5 salt tab or something similar 

Edited by gazzared

16 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

they are about just walked outside to go to the garage and could see it in the sky, and it's not quite dark yet.

I'm surprised that it was visible down here in southern England on Friday night, almost like a spontaneous presence. Last night, when people were saying it would be stronger, we got jack sh*t.