Pyramid for Elton

Bike_Like_A_Mum

3 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

They stopped people coming in the middle entrance on the right during guns and roses for about 20 mins. Sent everyone up to the new entrance right at the back.

(it might not be new, but I’ve never seen it before)

They probably wanted to make sure it sorted itself out and people moved/adjusted before they wanted to let anymore move in. This is just crazy for now and with 2 hours to go.

This isnt frank ocean! 🤣

We’re up the hill, central location, about 30m in front of the big tree, and there is loads of space. The issue is that all along the left hand edge (& prob right) people are camped out with chairs/blankets/pushchairs making an almost impenetrable barrier to get through. Once you do get through them though, it’s fine 

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

The whole thing about the Sunday bill having to be suitable for the locals is a myth, as evident last year when Kendrick closed the Pyramid.

I'm sure there was a thing in 2004(?) where some of the locals weren't exactly thrilled that Muse were the headliners on Sunday as a heavier than usual act? Although agree, whilst most Sunday headliners are generally more safe I'm guessing winning over the locals isn't as much as a thing as it might have been before.

7 minutes ago, andyhh said:

I'm sure there was a thing in 2004(?) where some of the locals weren't exactly thrilled that Muse were the headliners on Sunday as a heavier than usual act? Although agree, whilst most Sunday headliners are generally more safe I'm guessing winning over the locals isn't as much as a thing as it might have been before.

It has never been a thing. Hear this every year but it is bullshit. There are 5,000 local tickets from 135,000. If you think sunday headliners are chosen on that basis, i have a bridge to sell you.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

Looks like anyone wanting to get close to the front for Phoenix, Alt-J or Queens of the Stone Age wont have too much trouble

Unsurprising, what a stale set of other options. As if the programmers missed deadline and just picked up a copy of NME from 2011 and booked the first three acts they saw.

3 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Crowd must be intense. At the front for Caroline Polachek and there's about two rows of people here. Granted about 20 mins before start but still for a subheader at woodsies who comfortably sold out the Apollo earlier this year, that's shocking.

Other stage is empty for TWOD. Crowd not even back to sound desk.