Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I guess Peggy Gou will be playing on Sunday? I hope she makes it to the main festival also tho 

She's not playing Sunday, according to the website:

And as all's well that ends well, the Brunch Electronik party will bring Primavera Sound 2024 to a close on Sunday 2nd June with sets by ANOTR, The Blessed Madonna, Chloé Caillet and Mochakk.

Lankum has had their German gig cancelled for their stance on the current war in the middle east.

Will be interesting to see how German music festivals are affected. If this is indeed a German music industry wide policy or limited to that venue/promoter.

With musicians having anti war stances historically.

Or perhaps they're a small enough band to non platform. I imagine Roger Waters wouldn't have his gig cancelled if he had been playing recently.

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

For all the people moaning about the national, i get it, they're overbooked, but it simply frees a slot up for you to see something else. The line up doesn't live and die on the top names.

I mean if booking The National costs them the same as booking 3 or 4 smaller artists then I’m annoyed. But I really hope The National are at the same time as something else that I like because I’ve seen them so many times. 

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

I mean if booking The National costs them the same as booking 3 or 4 smaller artists then I’m annoyed. But I really hope The National are at the same time as something else that I like because I’ve seen them so many times. 

The smaller names are ridiculously stacked as is.

I think there are more bands I wanna see this year compared to last year, stronger undercard than most years!

The Armed, Deftones, Wiegedood, Chelsea Wolfe, Duster, Yo la Tengo, El Mato a un Policia Motorizado, Amyl & the Sniffers, Lambchop, Lankum, Militaire Gun, Blonde Redhead, American Football, Brutus, Gel, Scowl, Yeule, Ratboys, Slow Pulp, Lisabö, HTRK, Sophia Chablau, Arab Strap, Wolf Eyes, Mannequin Pussy and Water From Your Eyes. 

Headliners weak of course, only thing I would wanna see there is the National, maybe PJ Harvey. 

Strongest Wednesday in a few years as well. Happy to see all of Phoenix, Tropical f**k Storm, Maria Jaume and Ratboys. 

Starting to explore now with the likes of Silica Gel and Phew that sound interesting on a first listen. 

• Upvote 1

In my friend group the line-up goes down very well. They are all around 20, listen to a lot of (Indie)/(Hyper)-Pop and R&B. Lana, SZA, Amaarae, Mitski, FKA twigs, Ethel Cain, Peggy Gou, Omar Apollo, 070 Shake, Arca, Troye Sivan, Charli XCX, Kim Petras, Hannah Diamond, Dorian Electra. There is just so much. Reading these names makes me realize that the fact that a lot of my friends are queer might also play a role haha. They did an amazing job in diverse representation again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned but Lambchop are doing a piano set which sounds like an auditori highlight to me.

Gonna see them this Saturday in Katowice with the piano set at Ars Cameralis Festival. Will let you know how was it 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Lankum has had their German gig cancelled for their stance on the current war in the middle east.

Will be interesting to see how German music festivals are affected. If this is indeed a German music industry wide policy or limited to that venue/promoter.

With musicians having anti war stances historically.

Or perhaps they're a small enough band to non platform. I imagine Roger Waters wouldn't have his gig cancelled if he had been playing recently.

The promoter who cancelled them may need to read a history book. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1