Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

nah, The Libertines and PS don't fit, as much as I like them. Acts like Libertines, Foals, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand and so on won't be booked (anymore) they are more of a FIB Benicassim vibe. Its just this specific brand of British Rock that PS avoids nowadays.

PS USP is being the spearhead of European music scene. They won't book someone unless they are rising stars (in their respective scope), absolute legends of their field or have a flawless catalogue (2023 is an exception here bc of the expansion plans). Of course there is always a chance to put yourself back on their radar with a very good record, but you won't see someone like Libertines or - lets say - Noel Gallagher here, who are mostly administering their fame with solid but irrelevant-outside-their-fanbase albums.

I understand the sentiment, but thats a bit harsh on Foals.

They have plenty of stuff that caters to the neck bearded hipsters that frequent Primmy.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I understand the sentiment, but thats a bit harsh on Foals.

They have plenty of stuff that caters to the neck bearded hipsters that frequent Primmy.

10 years ago maybe, nowadays no.

Also Foals, whatever you think of them, have gone for an arena-sized sound on their last couple of records, which is not something very sought after at PS. I personally like them, they are fun live and most of their record are good to very good, but they are not PS material

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

10 years ago maybe, nowadays no.

Also Foals, whatever you think of them, have gone for an arena-sized sound on their last couple of records, which is not something very sought after at PS. I personally like them, they are fun live and most of their record are good to very good, but they are not PS material

Love them myself. They were superb at Cala Mijas last year. Great festival band.

• Thanks 1

I love that the debate between Europeans and Americans about who has the best concert crowds is always shut down so quickly by how hard people go in South America. So much amazing footage out there of people going absolutely ham. That River Plate footage of the ACDC concert still gives me shivers.

11 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I love that the debate between Europeans and Americans about who has the best concert crowds is always shut down so quickly by how hard people go in South America. So much amazing footage out there of people going absolutely ham. That River Plate footage of the ACDC concert still gives me shivers.

I mean, probably often a once in a lifetime chance to see big acts other than in the US or Europe where you typically get several chances to see someone live, even for artists that don't tour much

On 11/27/2023 at 6:45 PM, Fabrizzo said:

I marked 23 artists on Thursday, it almost seems like a joke

I see that everyone has now realized the difficulties of managing the Thursday clashes... Whatever happens, there will be tears to be had

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Tour dates don't match up but LCD Soundsystem no longer have a Spain show (Cala Mijas is cancelled).

More likely to skip Spain until a wider tour or book their own gig than try and cram a primavera performance in. I could see them coming back for 2025 though.

11 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

More likely to skip Spain until a wider tour or book their own gig than try and cram a primavera performance in. I could see them coming back for 2025 though.

Yeah I was thinking was very unlikely and even if a headliner cancels.

Just had our accomodation cancel on us after having it booked since November (!!!!). Everything has skyrocketed in price since then and now we're really really struggling to find anything affordable. We were already a good 45-60 mins away on the metro to try and keep the cost down. Freaking out over here !! 

12 minutes ago, Clakus said:

Just had our accomodation cancel on us after having it booked since November (!!!!). Everything has skyrocketed in price since then and now we're really really struggling to find anything affordable. We were already a good 45-60 mins away on the metro to try and keep the cost down. Freaking out over here !! 

How far out are you prepared to go?  There’s a cheap guest house in El Prat de Llobregat near the metro and night bus.  Depends how many there are of you though. 

Was your other booking via Airbnb? They are notoriously crap in Barcelona. 

Edited by username666
Typo

17 minutes ago, username666 said:

How far out are you prepared to go?  There’s a cheap guest house in El Prat de Llobregat near the metro and night bus.  Depends how many there are of you though. 

Was your other booking via Airbnb? They are notoriously crap in Barcelona. 

Will check it out - thank you very much. Looks like they're (predictably) all booked up already though.

Yep, was Airbnb. Been a few times before and not had any issues but guess the luck ran out. It's just me and my partner - it's our only "proper" holiday this year so the sight of some of the mattress-in-the-stairwell options aren't going down so well. Thanks again for the reply.

10 minutes ago, Clakus said:

Will check it out - thank you very much. Looks like they're (predictably) all booked up already though.

Yep, was Airbnb. Been a few times before and not had any issues but guess the luck ran out. It's just me and my partner - it's our only "proper" holiday this year so the sight of some of the mattress-in-the-stairwell options aren't going down so well. Thanks again for the reply.

10 minutes ago, Clakus said:

Will DM you the guest house website.