Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I feet that Bad Bunny might come. His new album announcement is imminent and he haven’t toured Europe since before corona started. And yes he is very very big now, but also I think it’s a safe choice for him to come to festivals in Europe, as besides maybe Spain, I don’t think he would do a stadium tour like in Americas here in Europe. And for sure he’s not gonna do an arena tour either after doing stadiums. Festivals seem like a safe choice, shorter set, less stage expenditure, so the margin don’t look that bad.

If he’s not the biggest pop name, then I can only see Travis Scott, SZA and Karol G replacing him. Lana Del Rey seems possible also. 

53 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard will be announced for May 25th at Wide Awake in the UK, I'd be surprised if they didn't come to Primavera 

Yeah it's been a very open secret, leaked like two weeks ago, I imagine they will be at PS. Maybe they'll be the Wednesday headliner.

Edited by scatteredscreens
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, Valbork said:

Based on a very simplistic 'translation' of this year's topliners; how feasible do you think something like this could be?

Prim Guess.png

I'd say this is too big. Don't underestimate Karol G and Burna Boy, they are huge. At the same time, Pulp just really could play as a sort of "legacy" headliner, they really aren't big enough to fill a slot normally.

On 9/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, xxialac said:

On a music forum and have never heard of the biggest name in pop music globally 😉

(just kidding, I couldn't name a single one of his songs)

🤷‍♂️ Just not enough hours in the day to listen to every artist that ever existed.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:57 PM, Valbork said:

Sorry, but I don’t understand why claiming ignorance of one of the biggest Spanish speaking artists in the world (Bad Bunny) when you are clearly interested in music and planning to go to a festival in Barcelona, is considered funny or even a virtue. Sadly, after headlining Coachella with a really great set, releasing one of the best reggaeton albums ever (Un Verano Sin Ti, which is the perfect starting point if genuinely interested), working with a host of international artists (Drake, Gorillaz, Rosalia etc) and having a huge sell out stadium tour of the US and Latin America, I fear the Bunny is now too big for Primavera, and that is a huge pity. He certainly fits the Primavera brand. (One of Pitchfork’s albums of the year).

Similarly, C Tangana, is not an ‘easy’ option as the Spanish crowd pleaser. According to a new film, Esta Ambicion Desmedida, his last tour, which was absolutely stupendous for anyone with a love of music, almost bankrupted him. I live in hope of a one-off Primavera slot but can’t see him doing a full tour for a while.

I love The Cure to pieces, having first seen them in the late 70’s in Eric’s Liverpool; but would be far more excited about Bad Bunny or C Tangana headlining than Mr Smith and Co. I really hope Primavera keeps pushing the emphasis on the new rather than the past and hope that this year (my 7th) will have a truly exciting forward-looking bill in terms of alternative hip hop, Latin music, K & J pop and Afrobeats. (OK and because I’m nice, some blokes playing guitars too if you insist).

On the assumption your post is in response to my own - I hardly claiming ignorance? Just merely noted that I don't know them. As it happens I work a full time job, have children and have my own (more established) musical interests which somewhat limits my ability to venture into new pop acts. Furthermore, due to demands on my time (as mentioned) it is therefore difficult to be able to offer a comprehensive knowledge of every artist that has ever existed on the planet earth 🙂 . Hence, I asked the question - for recommended listening to Mr Bad Bunny, as a gateway.

Also, please quote where you identified a reference which indicates "virtue"? Seems you are arguing against a point which nobody even put forward.

Edited by willsmith700

17 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

We never really get rumours this far in advance to be honest. 

Yes but I am also reckoning that basically everyone toured in the past 2 years so I can’t (almost) think of any exciting act that has not played the festival these two years… especially when it comes to sub headliners/smaller acts. 
tbh I am not that excited to see national again when I was already feeling they were back too soon in 2022. 

That said, concerts are becoming more and more expensive ( I felt there has been a gap in prices this year… James Blake for 70 euro? Really?). Festivals that host maybe 20% of the size of the primavera line up cost max 30-40 euro less. There is really no competition in terms of value for money 

Edited by Whos3000_

6 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Yes but I am also reckoning that basically everyone toured in the past 2 years so I can’t (almost) think of any exciting act that has not played the festival these two years… especially when it comes to sub headliners/smaller acts. 
tbh I am not that excited to see national again when I was already feeling they were back too soon in 2022

I don't think the national will play.

There's loads of names who haven't played recently who could be likely, to name a few off the top of my head:

PJ Harvey, Soulwax, Justice, Pulp, SZA, Massive Attack

I would even go as far as to say Jai Paul is more likely than ever before. I'm sure there will be a couple of names who haven't shown any tour dates yet that will make it interesting, there always is.

3 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I don't think the national will play.

There's loads of names who haven't played recently who could be likely, to name a few off the top of my head:

PJ Harvey, Soulwax, Justice, Pulp, SZA, Massive Attack

I would even go as far as to say Jai Paul is more likely than ever before. I'm sure there will be a couple of names who haven't shown any tour dates yet that will make it interesting, there always is.

I haven’t heard any valid rumour about massive attack but I would like to be proven wrong 

36 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I haven’t heard any valid rumour about massive attack but I would like to be proven wrong 

Someone somewhere else had some intel that they were touring next year with a final album and final tour and they "owe" Primavera a show after cancelling. But not heard anything since, and Massive Attack work on their own timescale so that comeback could have been completely scrapped.

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Someone somewhere else had some intel that they were touring next year with a final album and final tour and they "owe" Primavera a show after cancelling. But not heard anything since, and Massive Attack work on their own timescale so that comeback could have been completely scrapped.

Certainly they move at their own pace but the idea they owe Primavera doesn’t make sense as their cancellations were for reasons entirely outside their control (covid, then illness).

Just now, xxialac said:

Certainly they move at their own pace but the idea they owe Primavera doesn’t make sense as their cancellations were for reasons entirely outside their control (covid, then illness).

I'm not saying in a contractual sense but more than it was on their touring schedule last time, and there's an existing relationship there, so would make sense if they were back around again. But it's Massive Attack so who knows what they're doing.

• Upvote 1