Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I'll be kind and simply say that Saturday ain't for me. At all. 

I bet there's a few on here wishing they could return to yesterday, where the frustration over not knowing was as bad as it got. The crushing realisation of clashes is surely much worse! 

• Upvote 2

My Thursday is going to be a chilled hangout in Auditori (Angeles et al > William Basinski) then a lot of running between Cupra and Plenitude (the Beth Gibbons > Yeule > Sofia Kourtesis > The Armed run is gonna be interesting).

Just now, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Have to be honest after Lana comes off stage on Friday I'm going to struggle to find reasons to stick around; that 1hr15 minute gap between the end of SZA and the beginning of Charli is rough, also a bit confused why Charli is now on Amazon Music???? 

I'm actually pleased that the timing for Saturday night makes SZA > Atarashii Gakko > Charli a relatively easy run. I think that'll be a colourful evening.

Julie Byrne - Billy Woods - Vampire Weekend - Beth Gibbons is horrible mash for me.

Then follwed by the dreaded Pulp - Deftones clash.

Friday and Saturday are good for me though, lots of ones interested in but not must sees meaning there's loads of options. Glad Atarashii Gakko are on after SZA. And very glad Barry Can't Swim are on Cupra that'll be mint.

There's nothing I know after 3am any day though - any recommendations?

I will give them this... They've somehow mapped out Thursday PERFECTLY for me. Everything I wanted to see will be seen + Amaarae. Amazing.

Friday, having Omar Apollo into Troye Sivan into Lana is sh*t. I wanted to see Omar and Troye when it's dark out, I'm wrecked, and there's no annoying Lana fans in sight. VERY bottom heavy for me that day. Won't have much to do in the late night except waltz about and find my new favourite act.

Agreed, the Saturday is weaaaak. My feet will appreciate it. Also thank GOd I got tickets to Lemon Twigs on the Sunday cus no way was I gonna make 6pm on the Saturday just to watch a band open at the main stage.

6 minutes ago, hollyzone said:

I'm actually pleased that the timing for Saturday night makes SZA > Atarashii Gakko > Charli a relatively easy run. I think that'll be a colourful evening.

It's just so annoying they've seemingly moved Charli down to a smaller stage whilst Roisin Terfy is playing main? 

Will have a look at Atarashii Gakko though now!

5 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Have to be honest after Lana comes off stage on Friday I'm going to struggle to find reasons to stick around; that 1hr15 minute gap between the end of SZA and the beginning of Charli is rough, also a bit confused why Charli is now on Amazon Music???? 

This is where Friday really starts for me: Jai Paul - Tirzah - Barry Can‘t Swim - Disclosure or Mount Kimbie - Arca - Sega Bodega.

Looking forward to having no plan/must sees on Saturday 😄

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pipan said:

Of course, my nightmare clash (Vampire Weekend / L'Imperatrice) materialised, so I'm gonna have to catch L'Imperatrice in Vienna later this year.

Doing the same in Barcelona. Feel like they'd be such a good festival band but would rather catch VW in this instance.

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

So, no Night Pro stage this year?

Due to no demand/not making sense the way they placed it in recent years, I heard. I found it to be alright when it was down by the sea on the way to/from Mordor, but that placement near the main entrance.. not so much

• Thanks 1

I think my group are currently looking at but of course subject to change (will be checking out acts people have recommended as well ofc)...

Thursday: 

Arab Strap - Mannequin Pussy - Blonde Redhead - A bit of Vampire Weekend - Beth Gibbons - Pulp - Justice - Weigedood - Ag Cook

Friday:

Joanna Sternberg - Last Dinner Party - A bit of Yo La Tengo - Troye Sivian - Lana - Hannah - Brutus - Mica

Saturday:

Water From Your Eyes - Militarie Gun - 070 Shake - PJ - Dorian - Bikini - SZA - DJ Fart In The Club - Charli XCX

👍

First draft for me:

• Thursday: Balming Tiger > Mannequin Pussy > Amaarae > Vampire Weekend > Yeule > Sofia Kourtesis (beginning) > Justice > Peggy Gou (end) > Toccororo (end) > MJ Nebreda (end) > AG Cook (end)
  • Friday: Ethel Cain > Omar Apollo > Troye Sivan > Lana Del Rey > Jai Paul > Tirzah > Barry Can't Swim > Disclosure > Arca > Seda Bodega 
  • Saturday: Erika de Casier > 070shake > Arca > Snow Strippers > SZA > ??? > Charli XCX > Safety Trance (end) > Amantra > Teki Latex