Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

The cancelation message ended with "and cannot wait to see what she has in store for us in 2025", hinting she's back next year?

Personally, with all my love to her, if an artist cancels two years in a row you don't book her again

Yeah it's embarrassing all around. sh*tty of Primavera to pull now when they'll have known for months, sh*tty of FKA to not mention it at all or apologise, even in an IG story, embarrassing for Primavera to promise to bring her back and try again a third time. Immediately promoting new music knowing loads of fans have just found out they won't get to see it live is the cherry on top.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

A really really small part of me wanted it to suck, so it will save us the dilema.

Didn't work. Its brilliant 

It's beautiful, but not enough to keep me away from Vampire Weekend. If this was an auditori show, perfect, but I can't see this translating too well on that Cupra stage. 

38 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

It's beautiful, but not enough to keep me away from Vampire Weekend. If this was an auditori show, perfect, but I can't see this translating too well on that Cupra stage. 

Love the Beth Gibbons album and will surely go see her, probably missing first 2-3 Pulp songs because of it which is fine as I'll see them in August as well.

1 minute ago, Marty76 said:

Love the Beth Gibbons album and will surely go see her, probably missing first 2-3 Pulp songs because of it which is fine as I'll see them in August as well.

If its like when I saw them in London, it took them a while to actually come on stage compared to when they actually started from what I recall

2 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

If its like when I saw them in London, it took them a while to actually come on stage compared to when they actually started from what I recall

Aye but that was their own gig Vs part of a schedule 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Another one in category of thinking BG in an intimate space would have been truly special but not really suited to a big stage outside. VW it is.

I saw her way back with Rustin Man on a festival in front of 10.000 who were quiet as a mouse during the songs and it became on of my most memorable early festival moments. She has such an aura on stage. I think Cupra will be perfect, if they get the sound right

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Another one in category of thinking BG in an intimate space would have been truly special but not really suited to a big stage outside. VW it is.

I Tend to do the same. She Has a Show or two before the festival, if the reviews are overwhelming maybe ill change my mind.

If it was only her vs VW then maybe, but it also means missing first few songs of pulp and standing way back

2 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Saw them in Hammersmith,  they had some text displayed on the curtain,  but it was 2-3 minutes, not a big delay

Overall I'm happy with the timetable as nothing could keep me away from Deftones anyway. I'll catch Pulp somewhere eventually. 

What hurts most is Troye being on right before Lana. Maybe my most hyped act and I'll have to stand a million miles from the stage while Lana fans fight to the death over spots. At least people will be queuing for the other main stage but can see it being too intense near the front. Will enjoy from afar instead before running off to Jessica Pratt.

VW vs Julie Byrne and Duster vs Beth Gibbons really is unresolvable. I think all of them are amongst this years finest bookings and each unique possibilities in their own way. Lnly VW in Europe 2024, First EVER Duster Show in Europe, Julie Byrne in Auditori and Beth Gibbons first real solo album ever plus her first dates in over 20 years. Which cruel being let that clash?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

After a good review this is my plan:

Wed - Phoenix
Thur - Amyl > VW > Pulp > Justice
Fri - Ethel Cain > Yo La Tengo > Faye Webster > Jai Paul > Barry Can't Swim > 2nd half Disclosure 
Sat - Lemon Twigs > Royel Otis > Crumb > PJ > Mitski > Romy

Not looking like room for Auditori or Boiler Room again but might possibly do El Kontessa over Yo La Tengo

Gotta say one of the most baffling spots to me is Roisin Murphy closing the fest at main stage, clashing with Charli XCX which will probably be a riot of a set... maybe I'm in a bubble, but with all the negativity around Murphy, kinda think the main stage might be very quiet to end the fest. 

1 hour ago, bobhoward said:

Gotta say one of the most baffling spots to me is Roisin Murphy closing the fest at main stage, clashing with Charli XCX which will probably be a riot of a set... maybe I'm in a bubble, but with all the negativity around Murphy, kinda think the main stage might be very quiet to end the fest. 

Definitely will be. I'm yet to actually met a Roisin Murphy fan. 

Sidenote - how busy are we expecting the Auditori to be for Lankum? My only other experience of queuing for it was Spiritualized in 2018(?). Absolute nightmare fuel

5 minutes ago, Clakus said:

Definitely will be. I'm yet to actually met a Roisin Murphy fan. 

Sidenote - how busy are we expecting the Auditori to be for Lankum? My only other experience of queuing for it was Spiritualized in 2018(?). Absolute nightmare fuel

Lankum will be fine.

Edited by xxialac

40 minutes ago, allribena said:

Screenshot_20240517-172906_Discord.thumb.jpg.9150ebbd382a50be980f0f7a1fcec07a.jpg

on twigs discord

Embarrassing response. I can understand cancelations for personal reasons, for sure for medical reasons, but to cancel just because your new material is not ready?? That's lame.

Just put on a show with what you got, ppl bought tickets for this