Overcrowding Predictions

gordong

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Also the mass migration from Other Stage to Pyramid after Fred Again to Arctic Monkeys 

Churnups > Fred Again > Arctics is gonna be a popular path for a lot of people I’m sure. Imagine the crowds moving between those stages will be a bit mental. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Churnups > Fred Again > Arctics is gonna be a popular path for a lot of people I’m sure. Imagine the crowds moving between those stages will be a bit mental. 

Think I’ve got an hour to get to West Holts for Young Fathers after Churnups.... which may even allow time for a swift pint/bite to eat. 

57 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I think Elton will be one of the biggest headliner crowds of all time: a legendary and still very popular act closing his career, first time at the festival and add in the Sunday boost in numbers. Though I think it will manifest itself in the crowd going back further into the field than problematic crushes towards the front.

Yep. 

Top tip if/when the field gets rammed and, like me, you don’t deal with that so well - loads of people will have packed up camp already, so there’ll be little oases of grass to be had further out with pretty good sight lines. We watched Di-Ro from just through the hedge towards Hawkwell after bailing on Macca entirely* due to crowd density.

*no regrets, Jamie T was great and I saw Macca in ‘04.  

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, august1 said:

Faithless DJ set on Thursday seems stupid 

23 minutes ago, august1 said:

Should be on the weekend in a bigger venue. Especially with his passing I'm sure lots will want to be there.

Should wheel out a DJ desk before Elton during the change over and give em 45 mins to bring the tunes 

Sister Bliss is playing twice.

Stonebridge on the Thursday, and after midnight at the Glade main stage on Friday late.

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Based on the line up and stage times, which artists do you think are likely to result in overcrowding this year? 

Some immediate ones that come to mind: 

•Fred Again… on Other Stage 

•Nia Archives at Nowhere Stage on Thursday night 

•Chemical Brothers at Arcadia

Chems will be fine, Hot Chip and Four Tet (along with several other good SE corner options) will eat into the dance crowd i think. definitely will get busy near the end once stages start wrapping up

Wizkid must be in with a shout!

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

For overcrowding? I expect his set to be pretty dead-ish tbh - Megan Thee Stallion levels from last year. Not exactly my wheelhouse so maybe I’m totally off with that - we’ll see. 

Was kidding 😉 

In all honesty with WG gone I was expecting Thurs to be awful, but I reckon they’ve done a decent job of putting enough stuff around the site to spread things. Sure, there willl be busy venues at times but nothing mental. Looking at the Thursday thread, loads of different suggestions. Which is A Good Thing.

Elton may be one of the busiest headline slots ever. I expect it to be chaos.

FBS and Lottery Winners at Greenpeace will be rammed. Just because it’s a smaller enclosed area.

4 hours ago, Bods670 said:

Agreed. A few of my friends want to do both of these things but after being stuck in the Arcadia/Park squash last year, I’m not feeling so sure…

I don't think that'll be two bad. Theres huge paths round, if you stick to the left of the pyramid you've got a couple of options for routes through silver Hayes or BBC intro and can then choose to either go in the front or round the back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elbongo said:

The mud. That's the killer. Anyone wishing for nowt but sun needs being banned. 

There's nothing like watching the smugness drain out of an unprepared friend falling at the first puddle.

a dry field never made a skilled camper.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't think that'll be two bad. Theres huge paths round, if you stick to the left of the pyramid you've got a couple of options for routes through silver Hayes or BBC intro and can then choose to either go in the front or round the back.

True! I’ll give entering Arcadia from the other side a go this time, see if that work better! 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

For overcrowding? I expect his set to be pretty dead-ish tbh - Megan Thee Stallion levels from last year. Not exactly my wheelhouse so maybe I’m totally off with that - we’ll see. 

Megan pulled a good crowd tho?