Elton’s guest list…

Welshinexile

13 minutes ago, themuel said:

I think if you’re in the field for Elton you’re probably not too fussed about better modern pop artists. Not taking anything away from him, but he’s pure nostalgia.  

Bring me the Spice Girls and Britney. 

???

I like older music and modern music, as do plenty of others.

He also likes propping up new artists such as Yard Act, and also has many collaborations with modern artists. It's not going to be Spice Girls nor Britney. If he's going to bring out an older act it's going to be someone(s) more prestigious

41 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

???

He also likes propping up new artists such as Yard Act, and also has many collaborations with modern artists. It's not going to be Spice Girls nor Britney. If he's going to bring out an older act it's going to be someone(s) more prestigious

Bring me The Spice Girls and Britney. 

12 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Opening the encore with circle of life. Would send me

My wife has the wild theory that Beyonce will join him for "Can you feel the love tonight" as she did it in the live action. Only thing really stopping her not popping over from Germany is she's busy for the Wembley arena rehearsals he's booked. But also, it's Beyonce

3 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Are you ready for love opener confirmed

That’s a good watch. About 15 minutes interview in his record home with Clara Amfo. He LOVES new music (as we all knew) and says he’d be at the smaller stages checking our the smaller bands if he was a punter.

It's a different show to what people have been seeing. On Farewell Yellow Brick Road, there's quite a lot of deep cuts, it's not all hits, and you've got to keep people interested.

"When you put a setlist together, I always say it's a bit like having sex. You start off really well, then you chill out a little bit, then towards the end of the show all hell breaks loose".

Yes, Elton, Yes!

If he plays Amoreena I’d happily sit through all the Lion King sh*t.

9 hours ago, Enkidu said:

???

So 100% definately not the spice girls then ? Just like there was no way Royal blood were subbing ? 

53 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

It's a different show to what people have been seeing. On Farewell Yellow Brick Road, there's quite a lot of deep cuts, it's not all hits, and you've got to keep people interested.

"When you put a setlist together, I always say it's a bit like having sex. You start off really well, then you chill out a little bit, then towards the end of the show all hell breaks loose".

Yes, Elton, Yes!

If he plays Amoreena I’d happily sit through all the Lion King sh*t.

I read this as there's deep cuts on the tour that won't be played at Glastonbury. More hits. I'm guessing Daniel, which he's not played much this tour. Are you Ready for love. Circle of life and maybe Pinball Wizard.

12 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I read this as there's deep cuts on the tour that won't be played at Glastonbury. More hits. I'm guessing Daniel, which he's not played much this tour. Are you Ready for love. Circle of life and maybe Pinball Wizard.

Yes, you could be right…. But maybe different deep cuts.… ? Am I reaching?

I know Elton seems a bit less mobile than Springsteen, but I have been wondering if we might get surprise Elton performances within other artists' sets, rather than just them all joining him for his. I remember Bruce doing it with the Gaslight Anthem and could easily see a similar thing happening with Rina Sawayama, Gabriels etc if Elton is on site already by then.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So 100% definately not the spice girls then ? Just like there was no way Royal blood were subbing ? 

That was wishful thinking, because it's a naff booking and I had hoped they might actually have someone decent subbing instead. Wouldn't be surprised if they were bumped up to replace someone anyway...

Alas, there's pretty much no reason why it would be the Spice Girls. The man can do far better than that.

2 minutes ago, mouserat said:

I know Elton seems a bit less mobile than Springsteen, but I have been wondering if we might get surprise Elton performances within other artists' sets, rather than just them all joining him for his. I remember Bruce doing it with the Gaslight Anthem and could easily see a similar thing happening with Rina Sawayama, Gabriels etc if Elton is on site already by then.

There's no way he's on site before Sunday, unless the Eavii have given him sole use of the farm house for the weekend!

6 minutes ago, mouserat said:

No chance. We could see backstage at the recent Manchester gig. He was brought right to the stage on a large golf buggy thing, so he only needed to walk a few steps to get onstage. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

It's going to be wall to wall bangers!

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I read this the same way.  Wall to wall smash hits for Glasto.  Bring it on.

And all evidence pointing to Are You Ready For Love to open.  Giddy as f**k for that. ❤️