Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

5 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Here's the final (I think) tube map for Glasto 2023!

If you'd like to run off copies then there's a pdf and jpg at this link and please consider dropping by the iTHINC Green Welfare tent to drop some coins in the bucket, or buy a raffle ticket to take home the big map hung on the marquee. We're a not-for-profit voluntary organization providing 24:7 welfare to people in crisis at a whole bunch of UK festivals – your quids really do make a difference.

image.thumb.jpeg.8f2b01859e8660d558c52c6bf8d4e0bb.jpeg

@funkychick2007

20 hours ago, deadstillstanding said:

If you'd like to run off copies then there's a pdf and jpg at this link and please consider dropping by the iTHINC Green Welfare tent to drop some coins in the bucket, or buy a raffle ticket to take home the big map hung on the marquee. We're a not-for-profit voluntary organization providing 24:7 welfare to people in crisis at a whole bunch of UK festivals – your quids really do make a difference.

Been waiting for this, thank you! 

Is whacking it on a tshirt still acceptable in return for a donation? (presumably here https://givealittle.co/campaigns/d18c7bd1-0475-4e3b-a204-c7f170c31a12 ?) 

Edited by hurdy
Manners
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hurdy said:

Been waiting for this, thank you! 

Is whacking it on a tshirt still acceptable in return for a donation? (presumably here https://givealittle.co/campaigns/d18c7bd1-0475-4e3b-a204-c7f170c31a12 ?) 

@hurdy I've also asked this and @deadstillstanding is OK with it.  I've been looking at a few places that print if you want to go in together to reduce cost?  Happy to get more if anyone is interested?? 

Personally will also be making a donation to iTHINC at the Fest as thank you

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

@hurdy I've also asked this and @deadstillstanding is OK with it.  I've been looking at a few places that print if you want to go in together to reduce cost?  Happy to get more if anyone is interested?? 

Personally will also be making a donation to iTHINC at the Fest as thank you

I was just going to use Streetshirts, £12.98 delivered. 

Caveat, I've used them twice before - 2019 and I wore it to death for two years before it gave up the ghost, print was ace. 2022, wore it once at the festival and then the print started flaking after the first wash. In fairness, they refunded pretty quickly. 

13 minutes ago, hurdy said:

I was just going to use Streetshirts, £12.98 delivered. 

Caveat, I've used them twice before - 2019 and I wore it to death for two years before it gave up the ghost, print was ace. 2022, wore it once at the festival and then the print started flaking after the first wash. In fairness, they refunded pretty quickly. 

Ahh right OK.  I was planning on using these guys as they're a fairly local company.  Good value if ordering 5+ 

https://www.printedclothing.com/contents/en-uk/p78191_Printed-Ultra-Heavy-Tshirt-GD02.html

On 6/6/2023 at 11:36 AM, deadstillstanding said:

This is fantastic, mate, thanks a lot! Def gonna head to iThinc and drop in a few quid, set up a reminder of my phone calendar for it for the Thurs!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 10:36 AM, deadstillstanding said:

@deadstillstandingcould you give me a nudge on how to make this a png with a transparent background please? Printer suggested I use this and online guides for adobe don't seem to remove all the background?

Ps can you tell I'm out of my depth? 😂

11 hours ago, hurdy said:

@deadstillstandingcould you give me a nudge on how to make this a png with a transparent background please? Printer suggested I use this and online guides for adobe don't seem to remove all the background?

Ps can you tell I'm out of my depth? 😂

Yeah, it'd be a bit of a ballache to do this yourself. You'd end up making all whites transparent and that would mess up the logos and the station circles. However, have just stuck a png with a transparent background in the folder 🙂 Let me know if this doesn't work for you

Edited by deadstillstanding
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Yeah, it'd be a bit of a ballache to do this yourself. You'd end up making all whites transparent and that would mess up the logos and the station circles. However, have just stuck a png with a transparent background in the folder 🙂 Let me know if this doesn't work for you

Absolute legend, thanks

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, El Weirdo said:

They've updated the website with this year's car parks/route overview map.

Car-Parks-2023-1.png

Never seen this before!  Interesting....

We want to try and get to the Purple car parks this year if possible as we're headed for gate B and Big Ground.  Every time I've aimed for the East car parks previously, we ended up coming down the A37 and stewarded into Blue, then had to trek through East Campers to Gate C, only to head north up the hill to get to where we want to camp.

Looks like we should aim to turn off on the Brown Route, or redirect altogether to come via Pilton and hit the top end of the Blue Route.

Anyone managed to successfully navigate to Purple before and able to give any tips?

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Never seen this before!  Interesting....

We want to try and get to the Purple car parks this year if possible as we're headed for gate B and Big Ground.  Every time I've aimed for the East car parks previously, we ended up coming down the A37 and stewarded into Blue, then had to trek through East Campers to Gate C, only to head north up the hill to get to where we want to camp.

Looks like we should aim to turn off on the Brown Route, or redirect altogether to come via Pilton and hit the top end of the Blue Route.

Anyone managed to successfully navigate to Purple before and able to give any tips?

you should just be able to turn right into the 'purple' lane marked on the map if you are coming down the A37 hill towards Blue

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

you should just be able to turn right into the 'purple' lane marked on the map if you are coming down the A37 hill towards Blue

Did that last year and the stewards directed us to park in either E10 or E12.  It was a proper walk from there!

On 6/9/2023 at 10:06 PM, MJP said:

No.

On the standard map, there is a pink path going down from Darble past Pylon on the East (between Pylon and Woodsies hospitality) direct to Bushy. Most people seem not to have seen this and think you have to walk all the way round from Darble and circumnavigate the hospitality camping, but it doesn't appear that way.