Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

Good that. Sound was a bit iffy at the start but either picked up or I just got pissed enough to not care. Stage show was ace - him rising from the stage and using the steps throughout worked really well.

Was pushed to absolute capacity to the point that it was a little uncomfortable at times… but guess that’s just how things are these days. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Good that. Sound was a bit iffy at the start but either picked up or I just got pissed enough to not care. Stage show was ace - him rising from the stage and using the steps throughout worked really well.

Was pushed to absolute capacity to the point that it was a little uncomfortable at times… but guess that’s just how things are these days. 

Thought similar about the sound at the start - briefly wondered if I should have stood further back, but soon seemed alright.

Really enjoyable set, though seemed to fly by. Sunrise probably my highlight though plenty to pick from.

Less enjoyable was the fact it was £6 for a 330ml can. Didn't bother going back to the bar again, and just held position through Baxter and Pulp.

Had a great spot, lots of space around us (road side entrance by steps). It's what I wanted from them, better than Warrington in that we were closer to the stage, everyone around seemed into it. Satisfied. And we got Mis-shapes!! Which we didn't get at Warrington and was the big one I was missing

Edited by efcfanwirral

Loved it. Hadn’t been to Castlefield Bowl before and I really liked it and would definitely see bands there again in the summer. 
I’d not seen Pulp with that kind of visual ‘show’ before and the effect of the iconic Jarvis silhouette against the orange lit steps was quite something. 
Missed Glory Days though! 

1 hour ago, amfy said:

Loved it. Hadn’t been to Castlefield Bowl before and I really liked it and would definitely see bands there again in the summer. 
I’d not seen Pulp with that kind of visual ‘show’ before and the effect of the iconic Jarvis silhouette against the orange lit steps was quite something. 
Missed Glory Days though! 

The staging was great. Simple but effective.

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2023 at 11:09 PM, FloorFiller said:

I'm impressed they were able to fit all of it into the Castlefield Bowl. Looked like quite a low stage from my trip there to see Bloc Party four years ago.

14 hours ago, Drinky said:

Pulp refusing to let the BBC show any of their set from TRNSMT today, either live or recorded ☹️

Pity as they were very, very good. Stage set up was perfect. Jarvis seems to be really enjoying himself. Watched it from the pit and was good to see how much the young team were in to it. Paul Heaton was also an absolute triumph.

6 minutes ago, Fozzeebear said:

The Hammersmith tickets say that they're filming those shows. Perhaps there's some exclusivity deal if they're planning to release proper concert footage later on, so refused the BBC.

Yeah they didn’t let Sky show their IOW set live. Think it was only 3 songs about an hour after they finished.

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

I'm seeing them in Cardiff tonight!

What's the merch been like on the tour? Anything worth getting?

I got myself a hoodie - expensive but really cool https://pulpofficial.co.uk/products/black-logo-2023-tour-hoody-pul. There's a T shirt in the same design too

I love this too https://pulpofficial.co.uk/products/natural-lyrics-tea-towel-pul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got myself a hoodie - expensive but really cool https://pulpofficial.co.uk/products/black-logo-2023-tour-hoody-pul. There's a T shirt in the same design too

I love this too https://pulpofficial.co.uk/products/natural-lyrics-tea-towel-pul

I went for this one.

https://pulpofficial.co.uk/products/ecru-spectrum-offset-logo-t-shirt-online-exclusive-pul

On 7/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, Fozzeebear said:

The Hammersmith tickets say that they're filming those shows. Perhaps there's some exclusivity deal if they're planning to release proper concert footage later on, so refused the BBC.

If they’re filming Hammersmith does it make them more or less likely to throw a few extra tracks in? Probably less given they’d want to stick to the setlist they’re well practiced in.

Absolutely loved Finsbury, probably the best gig I’ve been to this year, but was hoping they’d mix the setlists up a little. They’ve played the same set every night this tour.

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If they’re filming Hammersmith does it make them more or less likely to throw a few extra tracks in? Probably less given they’d want to stick to the setlist they’re well practiced in.

Absolutely loved Finsbury, probably the best gig I’ve been to this year, but was hoping they’d mix the setlists up a little. They’ve played the same set every night this tour.

They've mixed it up a bit. Saw them in Warrington and at Finsbury, got Dishes in Warrington and Mis-shapes and Razzmatazz at Finsbury (🥰)

They were immense in Cardiff tonight, did a second encore of After You, Razzmatazz and Glory Days! A perfect show that has nestled nicely into my top 5 gigs of all time. I always hoped I'd be able to catch at least Jarvis doing his solo stuff before he retired so to actually see Pulp is crazy! 

Had such a good time in Cardiff, it was the first time I’ve done a gig solo but I thought I’d missed my chance to see pulp live after their split in 2012 so couldn’t miss them this time. Nice treat to have the second encore after seeing they’ve only been doing 16 songs at their latest few shows. Also jumps straight into my top 5 gigs ever! 

7 hours ago, OddRon said:

They were immense in Cardiff tonight, did a second encore of After You, Razzmatazz and Glory Days! A perfect show that has nestled nicely into my top 5 gigs of all time. I always hoped I'd be able to catch at least Jarvis doing his solo stuff before he retired so to actually see Pulp is crazy! 

Really wasn't expecting that second encore, we, along with a lot of people, were heading for the door when they kicked off again!

3 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Really wasn't expecting that second encore, we, along with a lot of people, were heading for the door when they kicked off again!

Yeah we'd already headed to the merch stall for that poster, ended up watching the second encore from the back.