Your Glastonbury Breakfast - Official Thread 2023

Jacko45

On 4/3/2023 at 5:30 PM, Boris said:

Confirmed. Research tells me it's just a multivitamin.

It being soluble helps a LOT IMHO. Absorbed almost straight away. 

Lidl sell off-brand Vit C and Zinc (which is like the cold-zapper Redoxon) and, I think,  multivitamins that are much the same as Berocca but much cheaper.  I'm sure there are other non-branded cheap versions available too. 

22 minutes ago, Essex_George said:

Can't go wrong with this....

81q1YAkLcJL._AC_SX522_.jpg

They are minging, I bought some to take last year....tried 1 before the festival the other 5 got donated to Asda food bank....I even felt bad donating them 🤢🤢🤢

30 minutes ago, gazzared said:

They are minging, I bought some to take last year....tried 1 before the festival the other 5 got donated to Asda food bank....I even felt bad donating them 🤢🤢🤢

I think looking at that picture first thing in the morning would cause me problems - just about okay looking at it post lunch now

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Agree, horrible things. I was only joking about having one, a mate years a go at reading had one every morning cold straight out of the can.

• Like 2

Just now, Essex_George said:

Agree, horrible things. I was only joking about having one, a mate years a go at reading had one every morning cold straight out of the can.

I won't even mention the chicken in a tin that I bought from Costco 🤢🤢🤢 even my dog wouldn't eat it ...  That also went to a food bank

2 hours ago, Essex_George said:

Ive got one of these in the cupboard at the mo, bit of an impulse buy as it was on offer: every now and again i do like a can of terrible shite on toast, and i have no doubts whatsoever that this will satisfy my cravings for a few months 😄 i also 'like' those really plasticy cans of macaroni cans on toast too, they remind me of being a kid! 

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:30 PM, Breeze said:

It being soluble helps a LOT IMHO. Absorbed almost straight away. 

Lidl sell off-brand Vit C and Zinc (which is like the cold-zapper Redoxon) and, I think,  multivitamins that are much the same as Berocca but much cheaper.  I'm sure there are other non-branded cheap versions available too. 

IITC Chelated vits are more easily absorbed

On 4/6/2023 at 1:49 PM, Essex_George said:

Breakfast of champions! (possibly ok after a night on the lash at home, but direct to vomit if attempted at Glasto). 

• 2 weeks later...

Red Bull and some pancakes 👌🏼👌🏼🤣 Guess where I partied the night before...

I posted these photos before, must have been on a different thread. But I tell you what - if anyone manages to get my groups tickets in resale group 1 I'll host you for a full camp breakfast on Thursday 👊🏼👍🏼

20220623_084620.jpg

20220623_105912.jpg

20220622_085352.jpg

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Red Bull and some pancakes 👌🏼👌🏼🤣 Guess where I partied the night before...

I posted these photos before, must have been on a different thread. But I tell you what - if anyone manages to get my groups tickets in resale group 1 I'll host you for a full camp breakfast on Thursday 👊🏼👍🏼

20220623_084620.jpg

20220623_105912.jpg

20220622_085352.jpg

Looks good but I can never be bothered in the mornings 🤣 

Whatever looks edible from nearby breakfast van. Made the mistake of buying an egg roll on the Thursday morning last year and spent the rest of the morning and lunchtime chucking it up (I seem to react badly to undercooked egg) so gotta be extra careful this year. Medical Tent people are AMAZING btw.

This’ll be the first year our group will be in our 30s so we’ll be trying our best to be grownups and not just start the day with warm Carling and cigarettes.

How are people boiling their water for tea/coffee? Is there a better way than just putting a pan of water over a gas stove? I’ve seen people mention jetboil, are these a necessary alternative or just a luxury?

For those cooking bacon and eggs, how’s the washing up situation?

Sorry for the newbie questions, you can probably tell none of us are the outdoorsy types.

Edited by squareheadz

• 1 month later...

Any recommendations for baps/bread product for bacon sarnies that will last the festival?  Longer life stuff doesn't tend to taste as good as fresh but fresh doesn't last.   Ideally individually (Or 2x) wrapped baps would be the best.

Bircher muesli -wins over porridge pots every time! Similar benefits/ nutrition but needs no hot water or milk as mixes with fruit juice (apple or orange) & no plastic waste. One bag & 1 carton juice will last the week ( and with co-op no need to bring juice so good for light travellers too).