Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

53 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

<rolls up sleeves> Right. I better get this tube map updated then.

Think I've got most of the changes. Did anyone manage to figure out if anything is different about the Common (or the naughty corner generally) from 2022?

image.png.1078255235a3cb4a2ad085047d2de27d.png

Gas Tower now become 'NOWHERE'

• Upvote 1

So this new "Nowhere" stage in Shangri-La is supposed to have a 5,000 capacity.  Anybody care to hazard a guess on how that compares to the Truth stage?  I am terrible at gauging these things - but feels like Nowhere is likely to be (a fair bit) bigger than Truth?

9 minutes ago, goonerben said:

So this new "Nowhere" stage in Shangri-La is supposed to have a 5,000 capacity.  Anybody care to hazard a guess on how that compares to the Truth stage?  I am terrible at gauging these things - but feels like Nowhere is likely to be (a fair bit) bigger than Truth?

Is Nowhere a Guardians of the Galaxy reference?  Moved on from Bladerunner...

18 minutes ago, goonerben said:

5,000 people is the same as Brixton O2 or The Temple (i think). Similar to a fairly full park field but not close to Woodsies / IICON

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I think I've got most of the 2023 changes in for this year's Green Welfare tube map. Please can anyone who knows better point out anything I've missed?

(Have slapped a big ol' watermark on it because the draft got pinched and shared on social last year with a bunch of stuff still wrong on it.)

Glasto 2023 tube map_DRAFT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Alright, I think I've got most of the 2023 changes in for this year's Green Welfare tube map. Please can anyone who knows better point out anything I've missed?

(Have slapped a big ol' watermark on it because the draft got pinched and shared on social last year with a bunch of stuff still wrong on it.)

Looks great. You could maybe add Rimski's Yard as a lot of people don't seem to know where it is but I don't think you could squeeze it in. Maybe make it Astrolabe/Rimski's Yard?

Or you could just leave it, it's only small anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deadstillstanding said:

Looks amazing! Nice work

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not as good as it used to be...

Screenshot_20230523_201322_Twitter.thumb.jpg.38cd547d96b57fd125df9e3535e2967f.jpg

93 was my first Glastonbury. I felt totally safe and had a great time. Interesting to read this article and see that there were other, not so positive things going on... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looks great. You could maybe add Rimski's Yard as a lot of people don't seem to know where it is but I don't think you could squeeze it in. Maybe make it Astrolabe/Rimski's Yard?

Or you could just leave it, it's only small anyway.

I thought Rimski's Yard was on the right just after coming through ped gate C?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Crazy how they just casually mention that someone died and carry on the article as if it's the most inconsequential thing that happened.

There used to be all sorts of folks wandering lanes, down to the village shop or whatever and you could drive them more freely too. 

Plus I'm glad we get less stabbings now

On 5/4/2023 at 3:45 PM, giantkatestacks said:

Its not just a music festival though is it. Its a festival of contemporary arts so that encompasses dicking about with cars as well.

On 5/4/2023 at 3:47 PM, Skip997 said:

Well said.

Too many miss this point.

yes, but there's nothing artistic or contemporary about reusing a bunch of crappy old cars to do something you already did 30 years ago.

i actually don't care either way about WG, can't recall ever seeing anyone there, it was better when Left Field was on the corner.

i realise as someone who is firmly in the "it was better in the old days" camp, i should probably be supportive of a 21st century Car Henge... buuuuut..... nah.

(also i know this was all from ages ago but just catching up on this thread....)

🙂

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not as good as it used to be...

Screenshot_20230523_201322_Twitter.thumb.jpg.38cd547d96b57fd125df9e3535e2967f.jpg

The 'festival goer' that died was a friend of mine who was hitchhiking to the festival with another guy, they were both hit by a van, and the driver didn't stop as he'd be drinking. My friend, Byron, died and the other guy, who I didn't know, died sevral months later from his injuries.

His funeral was the first one I'd been to that wasn't an elderly relative.

Dont drink and drive please.

• Like 3