Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Obviously there's no technical reason it couldn't happen, but it wouldn't be cheap or quick as they'd need to lay proper foundations and have the concrete properly sealed to prevent leakage into the ground. Whenever the foundations are built or refurbished it's done with the intention that they'll be used for decades so it's going to be considered a long term investment.

Realistically, any changes involving something like that would have at least started well before now - it's the kind of thing you'd need to get out of the way before the build properly kicks in.

I suppose if they were really in the way of their plans they could leave them shuttered and place composters elsewhere but I’d be surprised if they did that. 

could just get rid of a whole bank of toilets full stop to provide space, its definitely one of the quieter area of the festival

unlikely though of course but would probably be fine

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

could just get rid of a whole bank of toilets full stop to provide space, its definitely one of the quieter area of the festival

unlikely though of course but would probably be fine

I hope they stay they are my toilets for my 2pm poo ....always spotless 🤣

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Can’t see poo provision being reduced with a love the farm message 

Yeah 👍 also the ones by the Avalon tent are very good aswell. Maybe because they both have easier access for the big blue van to drop off the cleaning crews 🤷🏼‍♂️ the other long drop locations must be a pain to get to

Just now, gazzared said:

Yeah 👍 also the ones by the Avalon tent are very good aswell. Maybe because they both have easier access for the big blue van to drop off the cleaning crews 🤷🏼‍♂️ the other long drop locations must be a pain to get to

they were definitely there today 

6 hours ago, gfa said:

BBC introducing could defo become a lot bigger of a tent, it was pretty tiny. I guess you don't really want it empty all day with no atmosphere then full for late night 

I could see it changing orientation to fit a bigger tent in that new area. Where they put it last year blocked up one of the main routes to the pyramid. 

This was what that field looked like in 2019Screenshot_20230417-000834.thumb.png.1fb8c41868fc78955f63965304fb52d6.png

They could open that route back up and it looks like there's loads of space for a bigger tent up in the top left.

46 minutes ago, spg said:

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/single-homeless-project/

Will there be a strummerville area this year?

I really hope so.  If both Strummerville and Williams Green go that'll be upsetting. 😞

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear that Strummerville (the charity) is ending. Considering how expensive it is for bands to tour nowadays, they were such a great resource to help new bands.

Since they changed the official name from Strummerville some time back, maybe the area will carry on without them. Not sure, but I think it might have started before the Foundation involvement (when it was in the Unfairground, where Joe's stone is).