Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

Just catching up and really surprised at the negativity!

I am absolutely loving this so far - loads of acts I really want to see ... and much more to come.

1 Pyramid headliner (Elton) - that's all you really need and a really strong undercard.

Really like the poster design this year as well

... and they only went and booked Jeppo!  Seen a lot of acts in the last year and she was probably the best fun of the lot, so the thought of an hour of CRJ bangers at Glasto has me buzzing 😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Was hoping the extra £55 would equate to the lineup not being painfully average like most other festivals this year…

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Not really how this all works though - they can only book who’s touring/playing the other festivals, not pull stuff out their arses.

Plus a lot of that £55 is simply down to increased costs.

Not exactly the same, but I work in hospitality. If we passed on our actual increased costs we'd have no customers. It's frightening how much everything has gone up, 

Just now, zahidf said:

Any of those bands seem likely for the legend slot?

Singer-songwriter Cat Stevens will play the coveted "legend slot", previously occupied by Kylie and Dolly Parton.

The Sunday afternoon set traditionally draws one of the festival's biggest audiences, with Diana Ross attracting an estimated 80,000 people last year.

Blondie will take to the Pyramid stage immediately after Stevens - effectively creating a "double legend" slot.

from the BBC article.

Just now, zahidf said:

Any of those bands seem likely for the legend slot?

cat stephens, field will be rammed dolly-style, the acts that absolutely everyone will want to see.

3 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

She's already said on Twitter that she is "unlikely" for Glastonbury this year. Which would piss me off a lot less if I wasn't at home two night's ago with Covid rather than watching her in Manchester 😡

I'm really surprised about that. Watching the BBC coverage from last year the set seemed to go down really well - I thought it would be great to see her on West Holts or The Park this year. 

Sorry about the Covid - hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyshoes said:

PPS. Amazed that Self Esteem aren't on there - surely to be announced. 

Played last year, as others may have mentioned in the thread. Still pretty rare to be invited to play two in a row.

I mean, Confidence Man should be playing too, really - they're playing most other festivals in 2023 - but they did last year, and the one before Covid, I think. Gotta mix-up the line-up.

Just not for me. The only names that genuinely excite me are Amadou and Mariam, Thundecat, Fred Again and Carly Rae Jepson. Maybe says more about me than anything else but damn I'm disappointed. Gonna try and embrace a different approach this year. 

Always strange to see people's reactions. Normally I'm more negative than others.

This year I'd love it have got a ticket. Like Cat Stevens, love War in Drugs, Hot Chip, Chvrches. Elton would be great. It's a great start, especially when you bear in mind that Pulp and QOTSA should.be added.

7 minutes ago, august1 said:

the guardian interview defending the line up, the wrong info in it, the drip feed of info across that and the bbc.. a bit of an odd announcement?

Lots of interesting stuff in that interview 

Link

Possibility of two female headliners next year who’ve never played before

GNR and Lizzo are ‘joint headliner’ 

No big surprises on small stages

Kids banned from SE Corner 

Edited by MEGABOWL

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2015 they played the Sonic (and it was great). I can see it being the new Glade this time tbh. Possibly the JP.

I went to that in 2015 too (was up against Kayne West) - was quite sparse from recollection and that was good as it meant I could get near the front no problem and still have plenty of space to dance! 🙂 

2 minutes ago, ZooScrapbook said:

Don't think it's a bad line up. Much more on this line up I'm excited for than last year's. They've shot themselves in the foot with the headliners though. Would anyone have batted an eyelid if they'd put, say, Lizzo on as a headliner ahead of GNR?

she'd definitely be on the smaller side, has not headlined anywhere in the uk before or done a large tour?

imo would look like they are shoving a female in for the sake of it, nobody is forced to see GNR but they are definitely a bigger booking. Just frees up a headline slot for me anyway

Edited by gfa