Coachella 2023

birchtree29

Personally, musically, this does nothing for me. I havent heard of 80% of these names.

Culturally, and looking at it from the groundbreaking level, this is still by far the best and most out there line up in the world.

They have the biggest grossing US stadium act, Bad Bunny, Spanish speaking artist. They have a K Pop South Korean all female act for a headliner. And the third one being a super elusive dude that nobody has seen for like 7-8 years, super exclusive booking.

I mean, their second line is acts like Bjork, Gorillaz, Rosalia etc, artists that would headline everywhere else in the world.

It will sellout, and it will sell tons of tickets internationally, in Latin America, Asia etc.

15 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Personally, musically, this does nothing for me. I havent heard of 80% of these names.

Culturally, and looking at it from the groundbreaking level, this is still by far the best and most out there line up in the world.

They have the biggest grossing US stadium act, Bad Bunny, Spanish speaking artist. They have a K Pop South Korean all female act for a headliner. And the third one being a super elusive dude that nobody has seen for like 7-8 years, super exclusive booking.

I mean, their second line is acts like Bjork, Gorillaz, Rosalia etc, artists that would headline everywhere else in the world.

It will sellout, and it will sell tons of tickets internationally, in Latin America, Asia etc.

I don't agree with much of this. 

A festival is more than its' three biggest names.

And whilst their second lines has some big (and small) names, it's only as unlike most festivals they only put one name on their top line.

Finally, Frank Ocean may seem 'super exclusive' today but watch him now announce a tour of all the usual venues.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I don't agree with much of this. 

A festival is more than its' three biggest names.

And whilst their second lines has some big (and small) names, it's only as unlike most festivals they only put one name on their top line.

Finally, Frank Ocean may seem 'super exclusive' today but watch him now announce a tour of all the usual venues.

Wouldn't put too much money on that last point

• Upvote 2

While Bad Bunny and Blackpink do nothing for me personally, this is the absolut perfect headline trio right now. The biggest Pop Act in the world, the superstars of the fastest growing genre and the architect of the most zeitgeisty sound of the last decade. 

Below that it is much better than many other years, too. Gorillaz, Björk, Jai Paul, Porter Robinson, Burna Boy, Chemical Brothers, Kaytranada, Blondie, Charli XCX, Labrinth and Underworld make for a pretty solid second line too. Cool names among the undercard too.

Edited by Quadrophobia

On 1/10/2023 at 10:04 PM, The Black said:

There are some names that interest me, but for the rest it has turned into an influencer's paradise. The coachelle that booked AC/DC and Guns N' Roses is long gone...

Still the same, you just like the past too much. 

everyone who says they dont know all these acts really isnt listening to much nee music at all. The point of a festival is to discover and not just expect 90% of the talent to be you same ol same ol. So what influencers are there playing.