2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

27 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Probably. Usually is, and it'll be someone like The Line Of Best Fit who break the news.

Where does The Line Of Best Fit hang out, is that efest, instagram or other?

<edit> think I've found it - terrible website but other feeds available (and an efests account by that name too...)

Edited by p.pete

9 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Where does The Line Of Best Fit hang out, is that efest, instagram or other?

<edit> think I've found it - terrible website but other feeds available (and an efests account by that name too...)

Twitter mostly. Them or Loud & Quiet on Twitter will probably break the news whilst we awaiting the official EOTR announcement (with, hopefully, an animated video and Spotify playlist)

Just now, shoebox said:

Twitter mostly. Them or Loud & Quiet on Twitter will probably break the news whilst we awaiting the official EOTR announcement (with, hopefully, an animated video and Spotify playlist)

Pretty sure EOTR have got to do it first themselves in recent years. The media partners don't want to annoy the festival, after all...

8 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Pretty sure EOTR have got to do it first themselves in recent years. The media partners don't want to annoy the festival, after all...

Fair enough. I'm probably talking bollocks, or maybe it's just the way my Twitter feed is so random, and it appears that the media partners get there first. I remember one year the announcement being made on 6Music, but we're going back a few years now.

Doesn't really matter. I have notifications set up for EOTR Tweeting anyway.

1 hour ago, RustySpanner said:

But these posters never have clues. I was talking more about the proper clues in previous years - the Chutes too narrow one for The Shins, and the what three words link to the mirror shop for Angel Olsen for example.

Got you. Looking at the words from their last post then, Bright Ears are dead certs to headline. 

3 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

Got you. Looking at the words from their last post then, Bright Ears are dead certs to headline. 

They started the tweet with the word "friends" so it's either The Beach Boys or whoever that band were that did the theme tune to the hugely overrated 90's show.

Just went onto look at my early bird ticket to look at selling it. It's on ticketsellers which im not sure is a service im familiar with, or if they used it last year. Anyone know how easy it is to sell a ticket because so far it says they wont provide the eticket until closer to the time which is very frustrating.

19 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Just went onto look at my early bird ticket to look at selling it. It's on ticketsellers which im not sure is a service im familiar with, or if they used it last year. Anyone know how easy it is to sell a ticket because so far it says they wont provide the eticket until closer to the time which is very frustrating.

You sell via twickets as it’s official partner of festival unless you pass on privately 

10 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

They had an officially approved resale site last year. Dont think it was twickets

early rumours of future islands, king gizzard, wilco for headliners which would be underwhelming but its about the overall experience not just who’s headlining

That’s very true.

It’s weirdly male dominated so hopefully Angel Olsen is the fourth headliner. 

8 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

That’s not the worst set of headliners, in my opinion.

I’m easily pleased, I think 

It’s not awful at all but just not very inspiring 

Wilco are a superb pick for me but the other two don’t really float my boat. I may watch KG but they have loads of material so hard to keep up. 

Future Islands just aren’t very good in my opinion. 

Edited by Nick07

Just now, zahidf said:

It's a little odd. Wilco and Gizzard have always been fun when I've seen them. Not sure what future islands is all about. No walkmen apparently

The Walkmen seemed nailed on unless they anticipate selling out the two London dates and adding more

It could also be a troll

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's a little odd. Wilco and Gizzard have always been fun when I've seen them. Not sure what future islands is all about. No walkmen apparently

I did wonder about King Gizzard, they said they were planning to come over in August and they've already headlined Green Man. Future Islands must have an album out this year, 2020 was their last and they've got a good number of dates booked including with Noel Gallagher in Manchester the previous weekend.

The Walkmen are in Europe around Green Man weekend, but then doing those specific London dates is very odd. I know there's always plenty on the undercard but this does feel a tiny bit underpowered if Angel isn't the fourth headliner.

Looking forward to another round of "obviously Big Thief are going to headline" next year.

Edited by SweepingTheNation