2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

On 1/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Do we think there would be an Idles/Fontaines-type headliner? And also who'd going to be the oversized Sunday Big Top headliner, given the Murder Capital's return seems to have fallen a bit flat? (I know they're traditionally British/Irish but something in the back of my mind is saying Alvvays...)

Shame ?  Last played in 2018.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Might have to sell my ticket for this, got an early bird but will wait for the line up to swing around and then decide. If anyone is keen to get a ticket at a reduced price.

I don't seem to be able to DM you but I might be interested, if you decide to sell.

Been adamant that I won't go this year but am starting to get FOMO with this line-up talk!

With initial APE and Field Day posters now released does that make an EotR announcement more imminent or unrelated?  I'm trying to get my head around whether anything appearing in them becomes more or less likely for this festival - my first time 🙂 

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

With initial APE and Field Day posters now released does that make an EotR announcement more imminent or unrelated?  I'm trying to get my head around whether anything appearing in them becomes more or less likely for this festival - my first time 🙂 

unrelated i'd say

21 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Shouldn't be far away, though, the first announcement has been before the end of January for the last five years.

That and they've shared 'soon folks' message.  I was more thinking from the perspective of whether, as they're quite a short amount of time before EotR, there's an increased chance of Strokes, YYYs or Angel Olsen because they are playing in the country so soon before.  Or whether the lineups for one are usually exclusive, so actually less likely to see them at EotR.  

14 minutes ago, p.pete said:

That and they've shared 'soon folks' message.  I was more thinking from the perspective of whether, as they're quite a short amount of time before EotR, there's an increased chance of Strokes, YYYs or Angel Olsen because they are playing in the country so soon before.  Or whether the lineups for one are usually exclusive, so actually less likely to see them at EotR.  

Strokes deffo arent playing

Angel Oslen is most likely IMO. I think if they are that far down the bill, its unlikely to be an issue in terms of announcements