2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

8 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

My other concern would be, and this applies to the Walkmen as well, that all the likeliest headliner names we've heard are those of acts who've played the festival before.

Not sure that’s an issue if it’s a good choice. 

Future Islands has come from someone on Drowned In Sound. 

5 minutes ago, domjon said:

Would be pretty poor if true for me...but tbh even speculating for months we've struggled to come up with an inspiring list of headliners ourselves...just one of those years maybe. Sure the undercard will be the usual high quality.

I thinks that the thing 

I rarely like (or watch) all the headliners anyway

Future Islands seems a weird choice considering their size unless they play Thursday.

We do it every year.

"Mac Demarco not big enough to headline!"

"Michael Kiwanuka not big enough to headline!"

"King Krule not big enough to headline!"

And yet they ALWAYS draw a massive crowd and people have a great time. Just don't stress it. If the Woods headliners aren't for you, there's always something else on. The festival doesn't sell based on its Woods Stage headliners. If the acts mentioned do headline, well, I like them all and would watch them if there is nothing I'm also interested in up against them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shoebox said:

We do it every year.

"Mac Demarco not big enough to headline!"

"Michael Kiwanuka not big enough to headline!"

"King Krule not big enough to headline!"

And yet they ALWAYS draw a massive crowd and people have a great time. Just don't stress it. If the Woods headliners aren't for you, there's always something else on. The festival doesn't sell based on its Woods Stage headliners. If the acts mentioned do headline, well, I like them all and would watch them if there is nothing I'm also interested in up against them.

No one is stressing just excited 

6 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

No one is stressing just excited 

"Stressing" probably a poor choice of words. But there's certainly already criticism based on rumours. I guess I just hate the negativity that always gets bandied around when a line-up is announced that doesn't perfectly capture someone's taste. I have the same frustrations every year, and mostly because whatever they announce I will find so much to love in it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shoebox said:

"Stressing" probably a poor choice of words. But there's certainly already criticism based on rumours. I guess I just hate the negativity that always gets bandied around when a line-up is announced that doesn't perfectly capture someone's taste. I have the same frustrations every year, and mostly because whatever they announce I will find so much to love in it.

They could announced Pink Floyd and Bob Dylan and peeps would be all "theyre too big, give us Big Thief".

5 minutes ago, shoebox said:

It will be Sunn O)))