Brixton Crush

gfa

9 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Don’t like that guardian article at all, tries to place all blame on the security. It was the ticketless fault. If only people with tickets were there it would’ve been fine like the thousands of other gigs they have

security should have a crowd management plan to cover all situations

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Glastonbury really need to get their shit together with this for next year if they're going to have the same volume of people on site as 2022. There were plenty of quite scary opportunities where this sort of thing could have happened this year.

Agree.

The only sensible solution is to reduce the ticket numbers to 2019 levels or ideally less.

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Glastonbury really need to get their shit together with this for next year if they're going to have the same volume of people on site as 2022. There were plenty of quite scary opportunities where this sort of thing could have happened this year.

While there were some scary moments, the no injuries part shows the crowd management plan is working. They're not complacent and will look to improve things where they can. 

Just now, Neil said:

While there were some scary moments, the no injuries part shows the crowd management plan is working. They're not complacent and will look to improve things where they can. 

Not sure what crowd management there is to be honest.

TLC was absolutely ridiculous and if it was a fence rather than bushes along the back of the path there could very easily have been injuries. Never want to be in a crowd like that again at Glastonbury 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Listening to the reports on the day - it sounded more like they got lucky....   Only takes one or two people to fall over and it could have been a vastly different outcome. 

Exactly.

I've been in situations exiting the Pyramid (at the front) where one or two have fallen. Thankfully during daylight and common sense prevailed. I do sometimes think it's been luck that's prevented a tragedy. 

41 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Don’t like that guardian article at all, tries to place all blame on the security. It was the ticketless fault. If only people with tickets were there it would’ve been fine like the thousands of other gigs they have

I don't like judging until we know what happened. If we find out security were taking money off ticketless for example to let people in then that would explain why ticketless were turning up. I'm not saying it's true but that it's a reason not to be saying anything until we know. 

35 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Not sure what crowd management there is to be honest.

TLC was absolutely ridiculous and if it was a fence rather than bushes along the back of the path there could very easily have been injuries. Never want to be in a crowd like that again at Glastonbury 

There is. Sunday at the Park they made it one way entry and exit for starters. That wasnt there any other day. The whole pinch point around Arcadia needs to get sorted. Its even worse because there are toilets right there too. Theyve gotten lucky nothing has happend. Lets also give credit to the weather. If it had been wet/muddy theres easily somebody who is going to fall over and thats all it takes.

56 minutes ago, Neil said:

security should have a crowd management plan to cover all situations

Venues are going to have to have to make proper plans for certain scenarios apparently:

"Martyn's Law, will cover all of the UK and require venues and local authorities to have preventative action plans against terror attacks, the government said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-64018123

I'm sorry but seeing reports of up to 3000 people trying to gain entry and blame is still be put onto site management.

3000 of 4921 (Brixton Capacity) is roughly 60%.

Do we think that Glasto or any other festival prepare for 160% capacity? So Glasto should always be prepared for 336,000 people?

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Haven’t Glastonbury already responded ref crowd management at last years festival . 

Mendip District Council had a festival debrief report and I’m sure made various recommendations about crowd control issues at the park stage, Williams green and Avalon when certain acts were playing. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I don't like judging until we know what happened. If we find out security were taking money off ticketless for example to let people in then that would explain why ticketless were turning up. I'm not saying it's true but that it's a reason not to be saying anything until we know. 

Yeh if security were taking any bribes they should absolutely be shown the book. I know they get on with the touts there as they tried to put me in touch with one when we were a ticket short even though they were available on the door

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Mendip District Council had a festival debrief report and I’m sure made various recommendations about crowd control issues at the park stage, Williams green and Avalon when certain acts were playing. 

that's addressed by a different booking policy, i guess bookings will be different for next year, because they won't be trying to fit-in acts they'd booked for the cancelled fests.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

exactly this and why im confident Glastonbury have addressed the issue and will do with further issues .... we had a massive thread on it 

• Upvote 1

As ever the blame lies with whoever at the back was pushing. If you push into a crowd, you might kill the people at the front. That's physics. What's needed is to educate people on that simple fact as lots really don't realise it. People can't connect that a simple shove can have a huge chain reaction. A crush doesn't happen if part of the crowd has empty space behind them unless they create forward pressure.

(that is of course distinct from crushes happening inside venues when too many people have been let in and are actively being told there is space)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Agree.

The only sensible solution is to reduce the ticket numbers to 2019 levels or ideally less.

Guessing you'll be first to give up your place then?

16 hours ago, OCarter said:

I'm sorry but seeing reports of up to 3000 people trying to gain entry and blame is still be put onto site management.

3000 of 4921 (Brixton Capacity) is roughly 60%.

Do we think that Glasto or any other festival prepare for 160% capacity? So Glasto should always be prepared for 336,000 people?

No way were there 3000 ticketless people. I bet a good amount of those people had tickets and just wanted to get in (as anyone would)

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Guessing you'll be first to give up your place then?

No way were there 3000 ticketless people. I bet a good amount of those people had tickets and just wanted to get in (as anyone would)

From the reports in sounded like the headliner was actually playing at that point though? I'd have thought the majority with tickets would have been in alresdy by then. 

Not going to go into much detail on this until the full facts are known and then we can look at what happened and what can be done if anything in the future.

There was, what I believe, an organised 'group' who were intent on entering the venue without genuine tickets. 

A pre show warning on social media was released by the artist to request ticketless people do not turn up. 

Extra security were brought in to deal with any potential people who did try.

Sadly one of those was 23 year old Gaby, a female dog handler who died whilst at work and never went home.

Ive worked in this industry for 30+ years, been in some serious incidents with people rushing gates, doors etc and no matter what venue procedures, event management plan, crowd management plan etc you have, if 1000 people want to get in, they will.

Alternative would be to cancel the event, which no one wants.

RIP Gabrielle 

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Not going to go into much detail on this until the full facts are known and then we can look at what happened and what can be done if anything in the future.

There was, what I believe, an organised 'group' who were intent on entering the venue without genuine tickets. 

Your first line is essentially lets look at the facts and then the second line is complete and utter speculation