Black Keys

O'Doyle Rules

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon they won’t be playing. Logistically now looks like a squeeze.

6hr45 drive from Glasgow to Glasto without breaks or stoppages, which realistically pushes it closer to 9hr depending on how many + how long... it's not impossible tbf but it is a hella tight turnaround. It's either Sunday or nothing and it wouldn't be a surprise if its the latter.

Edited by charlierc

• 1 month later...

More I look at this, more I wonder if they could be third on the Pyramid or the Other headliner against Elton John, though think we've had enough info to indicate others in those. Either way...

I Got Mine
2 Howlin' for You
3 Wild Child
4 Fever
5 Tighten Up
6 Your Touch
7 Gold on the Ceiling
8 Lo/Hi
9 Next Girl
10 She's Long Gone
11 Little Black Submarines
12 Lonely Boy

54 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

More I look at this, more I wonder if they could be third on the Pyramid or the Other headliner against Elton John, though think we've had enough info to indicate others in those. Either way...

I Got Mine
2 Howlin' for You
3 Wild Child
4 Fever
5 Tighten Up
6 Your Touch
7 Gold on the Ceiling
8 Lo/Hi
9 Next Girl
10 She's Long Gone
11 Little Black Submarines
12 Lonely Boy

They’re not as big now as when they subbed in 2014. I love them personally but they are far better at their own shows than in front of an unappreciative pyramid audience waiting for the headliner  

Just now, Wherethewildthingsare said:

They’re not as big now as when they subbed in 2014. I love them personally but they are far better at their own shows than in front of an unappreciative pyramid audience waiting for the headliner  

Yeah, I've heard they can go down slow with festival audiences. Shame they're busy on the Saturday, think they might find more love in front of GNR.

Was it IOW they co-headlined in '15? Probably the peak of their pull as a live band on British shores.

• 2 months later...

The Black Keys talk returning to the UK and their "epic" new album (nme.com)

Eagled-eyed fans may have noticed a Glastonbury-shaped hole in The Black Keys upcoming tour schedule, however we probably won’t be seeing the band at Worthy Farm this summer.

“We got an offer from Glastonbury that was so insulting, we’re never going to play the festival again,” said Carney. “We know it’s a big deal for people in the UK but the weight of what the festival is doesn’t translate to most Americans. We have no interest in playing it.”

4 minutes ago, reflekting said:

The Black Keys talk returning to the UK and their "epic" new album (nme.com)

Eagled-eyed fans may have noticed a Glastonbury-shaped hole in The Black Keys upcoming tour schedule, however we probably won’t be seeing the band at Worthy Farm this summer.

“We got an offer from Glastonbury that was so insulting, we’re never going to play the festival again,” said Carney. “We know it’s a big deal for people in the UK but the weight of what the festival is doesn’t translate to most Americans. We have no interest in playing it.”

Brutal. I wonder what they were offered. They still headline some festivals in the states so I’m sure being asked to headline Woodsies or second down Other or something for fuck all money didn’t sit very well with them.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Ha Ha

fuck em

Boring nonsense anyway

Nailed it skip 🤣👍🏻

edit: anyone calling Noel Gallagher ‘hilarious and super talented’ can instantly be ignored 

Edited by balti-pie