Blur

jannybruck

• 3 weeks later...

I'm selling two standing tickets for Blur at Wembley on Sunday 9 July through Ticketmaster resale.

£84 each plus fees.

secure.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/?id=34103560 

The link initially shows no tickets available until you click the number of tickets you want.

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
Formatting

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

same - really liking it. Excited for the album and the gig next week

Definitely got some old blur vibes with the bass line too and the sort of shouty bits. Grown on me with a couple of listens already. Hope they play it next weekend! (UTFT).

18 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Definitely got some old blur vibes with the bass line too and the sort of shouty bits. Grown on me with a couple of listens already. Hope they play it next weekend! (UTFT).

They opened on it in Wolverhampton (which by the way was fantastic).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

So Blur withdrew from a festival in France due to Dave suffering a knee injury. Might be a thing to induce the fear that.

Side-note is that Royal Blood got bumped up to headline status, which given the recent kicking their popularity got after R1BW is an interesting swap.

Not sure people in France listen to Radio 1.

13 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I saw a video of them going onstage to Dublin and Dave R was on crutches. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuNdBVkg6UJ/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

I can vouch for Dave's drumming on the night. Wonderful as ever. Most enjoyable Blur show since Glasters.

Wasn't planning to go to Wembley Saturday, bought a ticket when they first went on sale but then managed to get a ticket for their warmup show in Wolverhampton. Gig was so good that I was happy to walk away knowing that Wembley won't be anywhere as good.

Came to terms in the end with the fact that it won't be as good but that's ok, it'll still be fun.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Wasn't planning to go to Wembley Saturday, bought a ticket when they first went on sale but then managed to get a ticket for their warmup show in Wolverhampton. Gig was so good that I was happy to walk away knowing that Wembley won't be anywhere as good.

Came to terms in the end with the fact that it won't be as good but that's ok, it'll still be fun.

Completely different shows - I'd have definitely done a warm up and a big one if I'd been able to. Think of the 70k singalong to Tender...

55 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Completely different shows - I'd have definitely done a warm up and a big one if I'd been able to. Think of the 70k singalong to Tender...

There's something about seeing a stadium sized band in a comparatively tiny room that's special.

But yeah, all the bells and whistles and atmosphere of Wembley will be good too. Happy I'm doing both.

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

There's something about seeing a stadium sized band in a comparatively tiny room that's special.

But yeah, all the bells and whistles and atmosphere of Wembley will be good too. Happy I'm doing both.

indeed there is - I saw them in Wolverhampton in 2012 myself and it was amazing. My two Blur gigs so far were Glasto 09 and that one. Can't wait til Sunday! Also happy with Weller as support

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Exactly the same here, looking forward to Saturday but Wolves as always was pretty special!

Hey - long story short, I have a spare golden circle ticket for Sat night.

Is anyone after one? Sold one the other day for £135 (i.e. below face value) and happy to sell this other one below as well! If anyone wants it for £110 (similar to normal standing ticket price!) just let me know 🙂 

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I can vouch for Dave's drumming on the night. Wonderful as ever. Most enjoyable Blur show since Glasters.

Agreed, much better than Kilmainham (can’t believe that was 10 years ago!). Lucked out completely with the weather at recent outdoor gigs, Pulp, DM and Blur all in glorious sunshine. Just need someone else to supply the beer and we’d be sorted (that Island’s Edge stuff is awful). Takes bloody ages to get out of Malahide castle though. I live 10 minutes walk from the stage and I got home quicker from St Annes! 

22 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I saw a video of them going onstage to Dublin and Dave R was on crutches. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuNdBVkg6UJ/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

Something must've flared up for it to be fine enough to play the drums in Dublin but not at the French festival. Presumably it'll be alright for Wembley though, in theory.