Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Hmmm, they played coma at Hyde park, I’m mildly jealous now - bloody love coma.
As ten minute UYI noodlings go though, we got estranged 🥳

A bloke by us at Glastonbury kept shouting for Coma, we were all joining in with him by the end 😁

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A bloke by us at Glastonbury kept shouting for Coma, we were all joining in with him by the end 😁

It is a good’un, fair play to him! If you’d have shown that tracklisting to the 13yr old me, I’d have cried with happiness. The now 44yr old me is still chuffed to bits, I’m not going to watch any highlights and have the bbc sound mix destroy any of the gig memories I had, I thought they were ace and will continue to do so, let any of the criticising journalists think what they like, I don’t give a f**k 🤘

• Upvote 2

One strange omission from the Glastonbury set, especially for a band who are semi-limited in their huge hits/singles, was Don’t Cry. I figured they’d left it out either because they were just choosing to not play it on this leg of the tour or because it was a struggle for Axl to get through these days, but they played it at BST. Maybe it’s one Axl can just about get through but didn’t feel comfortable being televised as it’s almost all in that low falsetto that he seems to struggle with the most these days.

1 hour ago, Fearless_Fish said:

This seems as good a place as any to ask, what's a stan?

Might as well ask at the same time, what does d@bbing down mean?

A Stan is a super fan, obsessives type. Derived from Eminem's song of the same name.

The other one has some weird origin on here to do with Matt Bellamy dabbing downwards and was applied to a negative reaction (I bet you wish you hadn't asked) i.e. an act that was due to play and now hasn't, has d@bb€d down. Became annoying, got censored, best forgotten. 

Edited by Gnomicide

45 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A Stan is a super fan, obsessives type. Derived from Eminem's song of the same name.

The other one has some weird origin on here to do with Matt Bellamy dabbing downwards and was applied to a negative reaction (I bet you wish you hadn't asked) i.e. an act that was due to play and now hasn't, has is as dumb as me. Became annoying, got censored, best forgotten. 

Cheers. Still don't understand d@bbing down still but after that I don't want to pursue it any further 😆

Best T-Shirt since The Rolling Stones welly one. Or possibly the Metallica ones? Really should have bagged one of them. Thought they were a bit pricey at £40 (iirc?)

The Elton hoodies were something else as well. No way I could carry off wearing one of them though.

On 7/1/2023 at 12:57 PM, eddie_corrigan said:

Just googled him and he used to write for nme he’s the one who interviewed Keith Richards when he claimed he’d snorted his dads ashes mixed with a bit of lemo. 

his wiki page sums him up quite well 

In his writings, Beaumont has often favoured a caustic, confrontational and at times humorous prose style, especially when writing on artists or records that he does not hold in particularly high regard. 

absolute tampon. 

He wrote that himself didn’t he?

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Best T-Shirt since The Rolling Stones welly one. Or possibly the Metallica ones? Really should have bagged one of them. Thought they were a bit pricey at £40 (iirc?)

The Elton hoodies were something else as well. No way I could carry off wearing one of them though.

I saw someone wearing the GnR Glasto T-shirt in one of the bars in T&C fields and was really surprised.

ive never noticed band specific Glasto merch available before at previous festivals . Is it common?

I have seen all the Glasto merch , and I have seen the headliners sell some for their own merch , but it’s the first time I have seen a band have their own Glasto specific designed merch 

On 7/1/2023 at 2:25 PM, FloorFiller said:

One strange omission from the Glastonbury set, especially for a band who are semi-limited in their huge hits/singles, was Don’t Cry. I figured they’d left it out either because they were just choosing to not play it on this leg of the tour or because it was a struggle for Axl to get through these days, but they played it at BST. Maybe it’s one Axl can just about get through but didn’t feel comfortable being televised as it’s almost all in that low falsetto that he seems to struggle with the most these days.

Seeing where it was on the setlist for the other gigs, I'm almost certain they had to cut it due to possibly running out of time. My Paradise City video is at 23.50 about half way through the song, and I know they did guitars for a while at the end, so could've been in danger of having to rush the last song if they did it?

16 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I saw someone wearing the GnR Glasto T-shirt in one of the bars in T&C fields and was really surprised.

ive never noticed band specific Glasto merch available before at previous festivals . Is it common?

I have seen all the Glasto merch , and I have seen the headliners sell some for their own merch , but it’s the first time I have seen a band have their own Glasto specific designed merch 

It's commoner than it used be. I kind of have a thing for them. Personal faves being the Oasis '04 turquoise, Portishead Big P Pilton in blue. The aforementioned Stones and Metallica ones (I have two Metallica ones but still wish I'd bagged a white one (everyone does black)) and a Muse one that I have misplaced somewhere and am really pissed off about. Same with my 2010 40th anniversary glow in the dark Glastonbury in red (the one with the moon. Best Glasto T-shirt ever contender that).

Edit: Meant to add that I think you have to go to the merch stall in Other (though I did get my Metallica ones from The Pyramind it's the only year I can recall band shirts being sold elsewhere). Open on the Wednesday this year. Never used to open until Thursday.

Edited by MrZigster

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

It's commoner than it used be. I kind of have a thing for them. Personal faves being the Oasis '04 turquoise, Portishead Big P Pilton in blue. The aforementioned Stones and Metallica ones (I have two Metallica ones but still wish I'd bagged a white one (everyone does black)) and a Muse one that I have misplaced somewhere and am really pissed off about. Same with my 2010 40th anniversary glow in the dark Glastonbury in red (the one with the moon. Best Glasto T-shirt ever contender that).

Not sure if its the glow in the dark one but I spotted a Vintage section on the Glastonbury site and there is a 2010 t shirt https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/2010-stanley-donwood-moon-t-shirt-gla

Shame they're missing 09, would love one from my first year 

11 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

U2 had a few Glastonbury specific t-shirts as well.

I'm sure there's been others over the years, though often it's not much more than a generic band design with the date and location on it. Biggest obstacle to knowing about them is visiting the right merch stand at the right moment, as they never seem to last long.

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not sure if its the glow in the dark one but I spotted a Vintage section on the Glastonbury site and there is a 2010 t shirt https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/2010-stanley-donwood-moon-t-shirt-gla

Shame they're missing 09, would love one from my first year 

Yeah I know. It's a repo and not glow in the dark.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Agree, I managed to grab one before they sold out as I knew I would regret not getting one, all the band specific Merch is at the other stage stand but the unique ones tend to be gone by Wednesday evening. 

IMG_3908.png

57 minutes ago, lander89 said:

Agree, I managed to grab one before they sold out as I knew I would regret not getting one, all the band specific Merch is at the other stage stand but the unique ones tend to be gone by Wednesday evening. 

IMG_3908.png

Oh that’s great

just listening back to GnR set 'whilst working' and I can honestly say this is nothing like the sound in the field that faithful day.

Don't know what the beeb have done with their mix but Axl's voice was much better live on El Pointo than this garbage.

Same can be said for Alex Turner from Arctics too......

30 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

just listening back to GnR set 'whilst working' and I can honestly say this is nothing like the sound in the field that faithful day.

Don't know what the beeb have done with their mix but Axl's voice was much better live on El Pointo than this garbage.

Same can be said for Alex Turner from Arctics too......

Pyramid audio from iplayer was much lower and compressed which was odd. Not the beat thing when watching a highlights compilation and having to adjust the volume

• Like 1